The Student Room Group

Does my girlfriend still want me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by secret_geek
Well I have never been on the pill I went straight for long-term contraception. I am in an LDR and knew I would NOT take my pill every day if I knew I wasn't seeing my boyfriend for a while. Haha sooo TMI for here. I straight away looked at the implant and the IUD *there are two different types of IUD or coil, one is hormonal one is non-hormonal (pretty sure the ONLY non-hormonal contraception except sterilisation!)*

So basically, I went with the implant because quite frankly I was **** scared about getting the coil put in :colondollar: And they numbed the area blablabla, was all fine. Then BAM a week later I got all the nasty hormone side effects: weight gain (half a stone), mood wings, 0 sex drive like literally couldn't even get wet at all, went from my vibrator being my bestfriend to dusty :P haha. Anyway, argued with my boyfriend all the time ( sex is a bigggg thing to me ). I began to just feel like friends with my boyfriend minus the sex :frown::frown: which led us to argue a lot. It also made me depressed.

So anyway! About 6 weeks after this thing ruining my life, I had it taken out. Had the non-hormonal coil put in - didn't want any side effects!!! Dropped the half stone, felt MUCH better in myself (not depressed) and bammm sex drive back. :biggrin:

Coil was painful being put in, I am not going to lie BUT it does last 5 years and I also think you can have some sort of anaesthetic up there, but I didn't.... :smile: It hasssss made my periods heavier but that is it it also does not interfere with sex at all!

Hope this helps sorry tmi + so longggggg :colondollar:

Hmm, it sounds interesting, I shall do some research! :smile: Thank you.

Tbh I'm scared of it hurting, that is my only fear with these implants, I've never been prodded about up there by a doctor yet, I'm terrified it's going to hurt lmao!
Original post by HaNzY
Hmm, it sounds interesting, I shall do some research! :smile: Thank you.

Tbh I'm scared of it hurting, that is my only fear with these implants, I've never been prodded about up there by a doctor yet, I'm terrified it's going to hurt lmao!

Do you mean arm implant or coil? Arm implant they numb you and you can't feel anything!!
Reply 22
Do you mean arm implant or coil? Arm implant they numb you and you can't feel anything!!

No, sorry I mean the ones they shove in your uterus lol, the IUDs and IUSs! haha
Original post by HaNzY
No, sorry I mean the ones they shove in your uterus lol, the IUDs and IUSs! haha

Ohhh HAHA. Yeahhh not going to lie, it did really hurt :rolleyes: I wasn't numbed in there though, I think you can be :biggrin: It just felt like a really 'inside' and 'deep' pain, I can't explain :s-smilie: And quite bad tummyache the rest of the day and day after. But it is 5years! So I would say go for it. But you have to make sure you will only have a minimal risk of sti infection because if you caught say chlymidia(sp?!) with the coil, it could become pelvic inflammatory disease v.quickly!
Reply 24
Ohhh HAHA. Yeahhh not going to lie, it did really hurt :rolleyes: I wasn't numbed in there though, I think you can be :biggrin: It just felt like a really 'inside' and 'deep' pain, I can't explain :s-smilie: And quite bad tummyache the rest of the day and day after. But it is 5years! So I would say go for it. But you have to make sure you will only have a minimal risk of sti infection because if you caught say chlymidia(sp?!) with the coil, it could become pelvic inflammatory disease v.quickly!

Hmm, i've not even had a smear yet so would be petrified, I would make them let my bf be in there with me holding my hand and distracting me lol!

Oh well the STI thing wouldn't be an issue since i'm in a long term relationship and me and my bf have only done it with each other lol! TMI but i'm proud of that fact tbh :biggrin:

Another thing, the pill i am on now, i don't get periods ever, so i can't imagine going back to that but with heavier periods than before :frown: hmmm, I just wish there was something with no side effects at all! I guess condoms, but I don't like using them on their own.
Just ask her. Have a serious conversation and just ask her plainly if she wants you.

And yes, some pills do lower the drive.
Original post by Lee R
Indeed, it sounds like your playing the lotto! ...

Now you come to mention it, I wonder if I've won this week. :colone:

But seriously, yeah, the pill is just a huge gambling game when it comes to side effects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending