The Student Room Group

Could you be in a relationship with a guy who has...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Wouldn't really bother me, it's more about the person.. and the whole kid thing; again, i dont think it'd bother me but im not having kids anyway :biggrin: :h:
I really dontk now to be honest.

It really depends on how much I like him.

I personally do not mind going out with someone with skin disorder or something like that.

(I am going out with one myself, heheh, and he is gorgous :love:)

But I think psoriasis is much worse than that that my BF has got. So it will come down to how much I like him.

I don't want to say yes just to sound nice. But neither I would say no because it mgiht not even be a no no! :smile:
Reply 22
Anyway OP your children might not neccesarily develop psoriasis.My grandfather passed it down to his children, but none of them ever had it.Their children did however, my cousins have it on their legs.I only had guttate psoriasis because I had a strep throat infection.My brother has never showed any signs of it.My eldest has eczema and slight psoriasis and my youngest has a tiny little patch of it on his knee.

If people are nasty to you because of your psoriasis, then they arent worth your time anyway.
My boyfriend has it. Please don't allow yourself to think that you'll be unattractive because of it.
I really wouldnt mind.
I don't think I would mind at all, and would probably try and find ways to help you / make it less uncomfortable for you.
Reply 26
I have a mild case of psoriasis. Got quite a bad case of it on my left elbow atm and sometimes have patches on my scalp. Doesn't really bother me tbh.
Reply 27
I don't see a problem with it at all :h:

If you were a serial killer, then we might have issues :colone:
Original post by Anonymous
psoriasis. I have suffered from it for a few years now and can control the red patches of skin with creams, etc. However, it is still noticeable and i am really embarassed by it. For example, i hate people looking at my fingernails because they are slightly yellow (although most people don't say anything either because they don't notice or are being polite!).

Also, it is a genetic disease, so I am a bit worried that no one is going to want to have children with someone who is most likely going to pass on this condition (even though it doesn't effect day-to-day life that much and is just a bit unsightly!).

I am probably silly worrying about these things but would like to know opinions from people who don't know me as my friends/family are nice and say not to worry about it as it isn't a big deal! Are they right or would psoriasis bother you?

I think you need to stop making such a big deal out of this! My dad has psoriasis and has three kids and none of us have psoriasis. My brothers have two kids each and none of them have it, either, so I wouldn't really worry too much about passing it on to your kids.

I don't think it's that big of a deal, I definitely wouldn't turn a guy down because of psoriasis! Just keep using your creams and keep it under control, I doubt it'll be too much of a problem.
Reply 29
Original post by aeterno
If you were a serial killer, then we might have issues :colone:

Lol
I don't have it but my dad does, and I don't think it'd bother me - it's the person on the inside that counts :smile:
I've had psoriasis all my life and it's never even crossed my mind that someone would have a problem with it!

My mum AND Dad both have it, as does my half brother.

It's just something I've grown up with, so if I met someone and fell in love with them, the fact that they have psoriasis would be a complete non-issue!
Original post by street.lovin'
I really dontk now to be honest.

It really depends on how much I like him.

I personally do not mind going out with someone with skin disorder or something like that.

(I am going out with one myself, heheh, and he is gorgous :love:)

But I think psoriasis is much worse than that that my BF has got. So it will come down to how much I like him.

I don't want to say yes just to sound nice. But neither I would say no because it mgiht not even be a no no! :smile:
Psoriasis differs for each person. I have it 'mildly' whereas my dad's and brother's is rated as 'severe' - so just because someone has psoriasis, don't assume it will be severe. Mine's mild - isn't red or itchy, just white and flaky if not moisturised enough.
Original post by Ilora-Danon
Psoriasis differs for each person. I have it 'mildly' whereas my dad's and brother's is rated as 'severe' - so just because someone has psoriasis, don't assume it will be severe. Mine's mild - isn't red or itchy, just white and flaky if not moisturised enough.

Ahhhh, I see.

I looked on wikipedia and it only shows the pictures of people who are severe.

That's why I thought it would be worse like that for every person.

Thank you.
Reply 34
Original post by dinotopiaisawful
It is quite common - a quick google shows that 3% of adults have it. So thats what around 2 million people

There are about 6.7 billion people in the world. So if 3% of the population has it that's about 200 million.
Original post by evopolar
There are about 6.7 billion people in the world. So if 3% of the population has it that's about 200 million.

I was talking about the UK percentage smartarse! Lol
Reply 36
Original post by dinotopiaisawful
I was talking about the UK percentage smartarse! Lol

Touche...
Reply 37
I didn't realise it affected that many people!
Reply 38
HAaha
Of course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending