The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It sucks you feel that way.. Maybe the reason you feel the need to lie about this is because your friends are the type of people you should be around since you feel you need to prove something to them. Don't tell them you made it up- just end the lie; say you broke up or something. Lying is not good for the heart man.
I'm a Russian Oligarch. I can be your boyfriend. Sorted
Reply 42
You don't need to pretend to have a boyfriend to impress your friends, they won't think badly of you because your single! Give it up before you get too deep in lies, just pretend it was a fling and brush it off if mentioned.
Original post by Anonymous
Im 18, all my friends have boyfriends, even the fat ugly ones (no offence) but u know what I mean. So I made up a random number and downloaded a fake sms app and I send fake message pretending they are from my 'boyfriend' so if my friends go thru my phone or somethin they will see it. Sometimes I say I cant make it if they wana go out for a meal or something by saying my bf is taking me out.
I just wana fit it, so is it really that sad?

What I dont get, if the "fat ugly ones" can get a BF, why cant you?
Original post by Amanbabbar./
Aaawh bless.
Tell your mumma I said hi :hi:

She said as long as she's brown you can get her back. :O
Original post by JediArron
She said as long as she's brown you can get her back. :O

LOOOL.
When you post something asking whether it's sad that implies you already suspected it was but didn't know to what level it was.

I just smacked my head against the wall....

Look private message me and we can talk this out?

Also did u know that most girls don't even have boyfriends? Well the girls I see they don't even really care
Reply 48
Wouldn't it be easier to date a gay guy who is still in a closet so both of you get some sort of benefits?
Original post by Amanbabbar./
LOL it's called respect.
Don't try backfiring it on me, because it won't work.
No-one has the right to tell anyone to sort their life out and if I see anyone saying **** like that, I will question it.
It's people like you, with horrible personalities that decide to play along with it not caring that it actually might make someone feel like absolute ****!

I'm not backfiring anything onto you. What on Earth do you mean no-one has the right to sort their life out? It's clear that the OP does need to sort out certain aspects of their social life, it is clearly not mentally healthy. Merely telling someone to sort their life out is not a notion of disrespect, it is a blunt answer to helping someone. So I don't know how you conclude that I have a horrible personality, you don't know me.
OP,

The sad part is that you feel you need to have a boyfriend in the eyes of everyone else.

Be happy and confident in yourself, and in being single.

Don't conform to everyone else' ideals and standards.

If you want a bf, that is perfectly fine. But don't feel the pressure to impress others or show others you have one.
Reply 51
I'm 22 and never been in a relationship, seeing someone 4 years younger doing this... dam... I'd better get texting myself.
Reply 52
That is creepy as hell. You're the new Alex Forrest. Congratulations.

Wait, your boyfriend doesn't even exist AT ALL. Even creepier.
Reply 53
One of the guys I knew in secondary school did this about a girlfriend. It was hilarious. Her Facebook profile picture was from Google Images.
Reply 54
Lots of girls pretend to their friends that they have boyfriends (kind of like a status symbol) in the same way that many will claim they have had sex (when they actually haven't) so actually not that sad/weird.
Reply 55
Original post by CJKay
One of the guys I knew in secondary school did this about a girlfriend. It was hilarious. Her Facebook profile picture was from Google Images.

I knew a guy who did this to. His "girlfriend" only had one picture and you couldn't see her face properly on it. Her clothes and hair looked like they were late 90s/2000ish as well. What made it even sadder is that he was in his late 20s.

At OP: The nearest I've gotten to this was when I was 17 and some complete utter chav (he was a complete low life, he was 18 yet bullied kids still in primary school) fancied me and wouldn't take no for an answer so I just told him I had a boyfriend so he'd leave me alone. I suggest you "break up" with your fake boyfriend asap before anyone finds out he's not real.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
I think it's artistic and beautiful
Reply 57
You wanna be my girlfriend? You now have a boyfriend <3

Latest

Trending

Trending