The Student Room Group

How many sexual partners

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Some of it seems possessive, like someone above mentioned about men thinking they've 'conquered' a woman. I don't like that

I'm fairly sure that was in regards to the men whom these women were supposedly sleeping with.

Original post by Redolent
He would occasionally see men smirking at her as they walked past, clearly thinking about how they've "conquered" his life partner in the past.

And it's true that is one of the big reasons for the guys especially. Your average sleep-about guy hardly going to have a lot of respect for the girls he's banged - she's pretty much just a repository for his... fluid.
Think of it this way. Do you like hearing about your partner's exes when you're in a relationship? Well finding out how many sexual partners they have is like hearing about all of them at once.
(edited 10 years ago)
e^x
Reply 82
Not necessarily, not eveyrone puts such a big thing on sex.

So? Unless you're insecure, why would that bother you? Women aren't objects to be 'conquered', if she chose to consensually have sex with them she wasn't 'conquered'. The men smirking are being dicks, but I'd just smirk back thinking "yeah I'm tapping that ass". Really don't see a problem

Well I wouldn't see it that way, I'd think the guy was a dick who thought he's got one up on me, which is an affront to me regardless of whether I am more respectful to women than he is. And I'd think "why has this wonderful woman I'm with chosen to pleasure such an unpleasant person in the same way she pleasures me?"
Reply 83
Original post by Anonymous
Something that happened at work today got me thinking. Basically there were 6 of us having lunch together (all female) and one was saying about a guy she had pulled last weekend. This made one of the others ask her how many people she had slept with and she answered 23. This caused shock among 3 of the group who seemed to think it was a massive amount with 1 saying she had only slept with 2 people and another saying she could count on 1 hand.

Me and another girl kept quite quiet after that but I didnt think it was all that many. I had a private word with the other girl that had been quiet later and turned out she hadnt said anything because she was 'just into double figures'.

My total is more than 23 and Ive never thought that was a particularly big number. Im questioning that after today so would appreciate some views from here.

It's your life and your body.

What makes you think we care? It's not exactly affecting our lives, is it?

Would you care if I spoke to my mother 2 times a week instead of 4 times per week, for example?
Reply 84
Original post by kidomo
e^x

I'm sure you mean ln|x| when x = 1. :cool:
Original post by Anonymous
Something that happened at work today got me thinking. Basically there were 6 of us having lunch together (all female) and one was saying about a guy she had pulled last weekend. This made one of the others ask her how many people she had slept with and she answered 23. This caused shock among 3 of the group who seemed to think it was a massive amount with 1 saying she had only slept with 2 people and another saying she could count on 1 hand.

Me and another girl kept quite quiet after that but I didnt think it was all that many. I had a private word with the other girl that had been quiet later and turned out she hadnt said anything because she was 'just into double figures'.

My total is more than 23 and Ive never thought that was a particularly big number. Im questioning that after today so would appreciate some views from here.

It doesn't matter.

That is all.
Reply 86
Original post by CJKay
I'm fairly sure that was in regards to the men whom these women were supposedly sleeping with.

And it's true that is one of the big reasons for the guys especially. Your average sleep-about guy hardly going to have a lot of respect for the girls he's banged - she's pretty much just a repository for his... fluid.
Think of it this way. Do you like hearing about your partner's exes when you're in a relationship? Well finding out how many sexual partners they have is like hearing about all of them at once.

Yeah exactly, it's all well and good saying "oh well you should just ignore dickheads like that", but if someone disrespects you, your relationship and your partner, it is going to be an unpleasant and annoying experience. I don't want people to see my cherished partner as their "conquest" and I don't want the person I end up with to have a history of doing favours for nasty people like that.
Original post by wildbluesun
I read a survey once that said lifetime average is ~10. So. Um. Make of that what you will.

Mine is 38. I wonder if anyone will neg me for enjoying sex? :P
Although I haven't had sex in about a month now. Been off it because of exams.

(Quick FAQ: Yes, I am capable of being in loving relationships. No, I don't have any STDs. No, I've never been pregnant. No, I don't have trust/commitment/daddy issues. Yes, I do have self respect.)

LOL It makes me wonder which survey you got that from.
I haven't actually said I sleep around or anything about the number of people I've slept with, but because I've said there's nothing wrong with casual sex, I'm a skank? Okay then.

I don't care about what you do in your private life.

But here is a quote about skanks:

"'A key that can open many locks is called a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is a ****ty lock.'”
Reply 89
Original post by fat_hobbit

"'A key that can open many locks is called a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is a ****ty lock.'”

I like how this comment proves how sexist our society is. Bravo.

There is such a double standard when it comes to sex. If a man told somebody he's slept with 23 people he'd be called a "lad" but women are just called skanks and sl*ts.
Original post by CJKay

Yes it was but that's what I'm saying, it's a bad view. Again I don't care hearing about partner's exes, he's with me not them so I don't care. If he wanted to be with them, he would. But then I don't get jealous very easily so I might be in a minority
Original post by Redolent
Well I wouldn't see it that way, I'd think the guy was a dick who thought he's got one up on me, which is an affront to me regardless of whether I am more respectful to women than he is. And I'd think "why has this wonderful woman I'm with chosen to pleasure such an unpleasant person in the same way she pleasures me?"

Because he wasn't a dick at the time, because it was physical only, because it was in the past where variables mean it was very different. I guess people are different, but I just wouldn't think about it, because it wouldn't cross my mind.
Original post by tjsmith94
I like how this comment proves how sexist our society is. Bravo.

There is such a double standard when it comes to sex. If a man told somebody he's slept with 23 people he'd be called a "lad" but women are just called skanks and sl*ts.

Maybe that's because it's harder for men to be players. Element of skill involved aside from looking pretty.

I have met more desperate guys then women in my time.

If your penis looks like a key, you've got more problems than 'skanks'.
Maybe that's because it's harder for men to be players. Element of skill involved aside from looking pretty.

I'm sick of this argument, it doesn't matter how much 'work' it took. If two people got As in a subject, you don't say to the one with a natural talent "oh well your A isn't worth as much as this other person's because you're naturally gifted" do you? :rolleyes: No, because that would be silly.
Original post by tjsmith94
I don't see why people are saying "it depends how old you are". If you enjoy having sex with multiple partners you can go ahead and do that. Quite frankly it's nobody else's business but your own. This 'slut' shaming culture that we have is really unhealthy.

I agree :biggrin:

It's nice to hear a guy say this :biggrin:
I'm sick of this argument, it doesn't matter how much 'work' it took. If two people got As in a subject, you don't say to the one with a natural talent "oh well your A isn't worth as much as this other person's because you're naturally gifted" do you? :rolleyes: No, because that would be silly.

Of course it does.

Men have gotta approach, be confident and go through a vigorous screening process. Even if there is attraction. Women on the other hand sit back and wait for him to take the lead, and normally tend to have multiple suitors.
Of course it does.

Men have gotta approach, be confident and go through a vigorous screening process. Even if there is attraction. Women on the other hand sit back and wait for him to take the lead, and normally tend to have multiple suitors.

No it doesn't. Reread my comment again as you seem to have misunderstood what I've said
Reply 98
Yes it was but that's what I'm saying, it's a bad view. Again I don't care hearing about partner's exes, he's with me not them so I don't care. If he wanted to be with them, he would. But then I don't get jealous very easily so I might be in a minority

You seem to have a much higher threshold for jealousy than most people lol.
I fail to see why it matters how many. If it's safe between consenting adults then what's the problem? It seems silly to me that numbers mean that much. If you don't reach a certain number you're considered a loser or frigid, but if you go too high you're called a 'slag'. :rolleyes: What people do with their private lives is up to them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending