The Student Room Group

Retaking A-Level Exams

So, after logging in on Track I see I've been unsuccessful with my choices, which is no surprise considering how badly my C4 exam went, and the fact that because Edexcel had lost my C3 grade they were going to give me a result based on whatever I got in C4. Not good.

My problem is I had already planned on taking a gap year and have organised (with help from a charity) 8 months abroad (Jan to August) in Malaysia. Am I going to have to cancel this if I want to retake exams so I can get into uni?? I'm not sure how it would work out.
you probably would have to cancel. if you want to retake, you shouldn't have distractions. the exams are in june, therefore, you can't be abroad to be able to do the retake.

sorry your plans didn't work out.
Reply 2
Is the 8 months abroad from the start of Jan? If not you could resit at the start of Jan?

Although check if you're allowed to do c4 in Jan or if edexcel even let people do c4 in jan
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 0range
Is the 8 months abroad from the start of Jan? If not you could resit at the start of Jan?

Although check if you're allowed to do c4 in Jan or if edexcel even let people do c4 in jan

Problem is, they've stopped doing exams in Jan now, haven't they?? I don't know my exact leaving date yet, but it would be mid-Jan at the latest.

Is there no way of doing exams abroad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending