The Student Room Group

Seeing a new girl, yet missing my ex - what should I do?

GF of 6 months cheated on me about 5 months ago. I broke up immediately and was completely out of touch for 3 months.

Now I'm seeing this new girl who is really nice, and few of my friends have even told me that she is way better looking than my ex.

I have a good time with this girl, but my ex is there on the back of my mind all the time! I don't seem to be giving my 100% to this new girl.

I say to myself that if my ex hadn't cheated, and we only broke up coz we had issues, I'd ask her back...but I don't want her back knowing she had cheated.

Its already 5 months since we broke up, and I'm with someone else now, so I don't understand why my ex bothers me so much - any advice would be amazing thanks
I think it's hard, when cheating happens (is it the first time you have been cheated on?) and that being the only reason for the relationship to end. You have to think that her heart wasn't in the relationship, She did care for you, hence she cheated. so there most have been problems, it might be the case she just didn't tell you about them. Do you think it would help if you spoke to her and get closure over why she cheated?? It might be a good plan?? Might be a nice idea to tell the current girl your issues/maybe explain you might have unrelsoved trust issues due to the past girl. if your open and honest with her about how you feel and how you felt. That way you keep things from getting complicated with new girl and maybe ask her advice, as to what to do? I think being open in the new relationship my be your best beat personally, instead of going back and opening wounds, I hope you get the issue sorted :smile:
Original post by treehugger18
I think it's hard, when cheating happens (is it the first time you have been cheated on?) and that being the only reason for the relationship to end. You have to think that her heart wasn't in the relationship, She did care for you, hence she cheated. so there most have been problems, it might be the case she just didn't tell you about them. Do you think it would help if you spoke to her and get closure over why she cheated?? It might be a good plan?? Might be a nice idea to tell the current girl your issues/maybe explain you might have unrelsoved trust issues due to the past girl. if your open and honest with her about how you feel and how you felt. That way you keep things from getting complicated with new girl and maybe ask her advice, as to what to do? I think being open in the new relationship my be your best beat personally, instead of going back and opening wounds, I hope you get the issue sorted :smile:

Although ... if someone said that to me I'd think they were hung up on their ex and reconsider the relationship.
Original post by joker12345
Although ... if someone said that to me I'd think they were hung up on their ex and reconsider the relationship.

I guess it depends on how you go about it..If a guy said to me hes got issues over his ex becuase she cheated on him, I would think- well lets take it slow and make sure his head is sorted before we rush into a full on relationship and support him through this rough time of getting over the other girl.That's if I really liked the guy. However, I do tend to mother a lot of people, so might not be the best method for another person :/
Reply 4
If it is annoying you so much from the inside maybe you should break it off and have some more time on your own first? I know that if I was told this by a guy I'm dating I wouldn't be happy at all, not many girls would like to feel like a rebound so you risk her breaking up with you. I also don't really see what she can do to be honest... comfort you about being so hurt from your ex?
Or you can just accept that especially if it was your first girlfriend you simply won't completely get over it any time soon and keep going out with this girl until you stop, it can take months and year even. If you think it's not so damaging to you and your relationship you can do that, but I would advise against this.
Reply 5
thank you guys. i'm going to take this new relationship slowly and see how it goes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending