Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by speedbird26
I called them and they told me. In my face! :frown:

when did you call them?
Reply 161
Original post by speedbird26
I called them and they told me. In my face! :frown:

Did you receive that confirmation email before from disha or something or did you receive the greetings from hku email?
Original post by cycahm
Did you receive that confirmation email before from disha or something or did you receive the greetings from hku email?

I believe neither...lol
Reply 163
oh right well i received the greetings from hku email but didnt receive anything else :frown:
Reply 164
Did any of main round applicants for HKU/HKUST receive an email of offer or an interview...?
I heard that the chinese new year break finishes tomorrow so I assumed no emails would be sent until the 7th...

But I heard someone who applied to business in HKUST got offered a video interview today ...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 165
Applied and got accepted by HKUST for MSc Civil Infrastructural Engineering and Management
Reply 166
Original post by TYLIN
Applied and got accepted by HKUST for MSc Civil Infrastructural Engineering and Management

did you apply through main round or fast track?
Reply 167
Original post by lj629
did you apply through main round or fast track?

What do you mean by main round or fast track? I just apply through the online application system. They want me to make a decision by 14th Feb 2014. I am still waiting for outcomes from a few different institute.

My preference:
1). Imperial College London - MSc General Structural Engineeering - Waiting for application outcome
2). HKU - MSc (Eng) - Structural Engineering- Waiting for application outcome
3). HKUST - MSc in Civil Infrastructural Engineering and Management - Offered
4). NUS/NTU - MSc Civil Eng (Structural) - Application not submitted yet
5). University of Sheffield - Msc Structural - Waiting for application outcome

What about you? Are you going to do a postgraduate in Civil/Structural engineering as well?
Reply 168
Original post by TYLIN
What do you mean by main round or fast track? I just apply through the online application system. They want me to make a decision by 14th Feb 2014. I am still waiting for outcomes from a few different institute.

My preference:
1). Imperial College London - MSc General Structural Engineeering - Waiting for application outcome

What about you? Are you going to do a postgraduate in Civil/Structural engineering as well?

I'm an undergraduate... perhaps that's why you don't understand the differences between fast and main round?
Original post by TYLIN

My preference:

Do they ask you for a non-refundable deposit? If not, you should accept it first regardless.
There are some updates on fast track applications from HKU you may be interested to know.

http://www.als.hku.hk/admission/fast-track
Reply 171
Original post by clh_hilary
Do they ask you for a non-refundable deposit? If not, you should accept it first regardless.

Yes. They do. They require a deposit of HKD 10,000 to secure my offer.
Reply 172
Original post by Helloworld88
There are some updates on fast track applications from HKU you may be interested to know.

http://www.als.hku.hk/admission/fast-track

It was posted on 2011......
Original post by lj629
It was posted on 2011......

Should be updated as I learnt from my friend the results may need little more time to release by mid-February 2014 due to high volume of fast track applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an email from Glaw asking me for my exam results that fulfills the English requirement....
Reply 175
Original post by Helloworld88
Should be updated as I learnt from my friend the results may need little more time to release by mid-February 2014 due to high volume of fast track applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would mean more waiting for main round applicants right? (sad)(sad) anyways thank you for the info !
Reply 176
Original post by Manic8
First choice is quantitive finance 2nd choice economics

hello, Have you heard anything from HKU yet? I also applied for quantitative finance
As I understand it actually is possible for HKU to give you an offer only very, very close to the start of the semester, though I'm not sure if it's only for local non-JUPAS applicants. A friend of mine who applied through community college actually got his offer in the second week of August. And the semester started 1 September. I do suppose they won't do that to international applicants.
Reply 178
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Normal track here. Has anyone got anything from UST???

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you receive any offers...?
Reply 179
Original post by Goh
hello, Have you heard anything from HKU yet? I also applied for quantitative finance

Havnt heard anything for my top 2 choices tho I did get an offer for Actuarial sciences but that's my third choice so won't be taking the offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending