The Student Room Group

Hongkong Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I applied through fast track to HKU Law as well. Same boat- haven't heard back, no interview, and only received the email from Disha.

Apparently, HKU stops giving out offers for fast track in mid-February (today)

I believe HKU moved us to the be reevaluated with the main-round applicants. So we'll be hearing back from them about the same time as the main-round applicants.
I think u can check your application status now by your hku admission account.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you need to give the deposit?
I have also received a same offer with you, but I need 36 points.

Thank you.
Original post by Ruane.Kwan

Thank you.

I want to call them up for clarification. Technically we were all deferred from the early round (as from an official email earlier ago), so we aren't supposed to pay such kind of a 'binding' deposit, since it's not 'early' anymore.
I want to call them up for clarification. Technically we were all deferred from the early round (as from an official email earlier ago), so we aren't supposed to pay such kind of a 'binding' deposit, since it's not 'early' anymore.

You don't get it. If you pay the deposit, it means that you're going to attend that university, and the deposit counts as part of your tuition. It's NOT binding at all. You still get a choice whether to pay or not. The deposit-paying process is the same for early-round and main-round applicants. There's no difference at all.

I think u can check your application status now by your hku admission account.

Yes you can. But I don't think it's very helpful, since they usually notify you by email too. And I think they do that at the same time. So I don't think there's a need to constantly check the application status if you haven't received the email.

I'm planning to pay the deposit. And that's weird, cz on mine it says I need 35 points, and at least 4 for each.
Original post by iamyourmum
I applied for fast track for law (at HKU)
Haven't had an interview, and only email received is the one back in January from Disha

Apparently, HKU stops giving out offers for fast track in mid-February (today)

:s-smilie:

:/
CU seems to be taking a while too...
Original post by pinkmemetchi
You don't get it. If you pay the deposit, it means that you're going to attend that university, and the deposit counts as part of your tuition. It's NOT binding at all. You still get a choice whether to pay or not. The deposit-paying process is the same for early-round and main-round applicants. There's no difference at all.

Right. I'm going to pay the deposit too! But I heard that transferring into GBus in Year 2 is tediously difficult :frown: Well at least still there's a guaranteed scholarship and this is an excellent (and at least rather flexible) safety anyway, sounds good!
Reply 207
I applied BA(LS) to HKU through main-round and I got an Email with phone interview information from the faculty.
Is here anyone know what will ask in the interview? What should I prepare for it? It's on Tuesday morning.
Sorry, but what is LS? Land surveying?
Reply 209
Sorry for that, it's Landscape studies which belongs to the department of Architecture.
Congrats for getting an invitation for interview! :smile: Don't worry, I think you will still have chances to get an offer from your first choice. I got an offer from my second choice from CUHK a couple of months ago but then right after I got the offer from my second choice, I got an invitation for interview from my first choice. And recently, I have got an offer from my first choice! :smile: So getting an offer from your second choice does not necessarily mean you got rejected by your first choice.
Original post by itsnatalie7
Hey everyone!

So I was wondering if anyone knows anything about CUHK's (Chinese University of Hong Kong) application consideration process? I got an invitation for my second choice programme (Geography and Resource Management), yet I have heard nothing from my first choice (Law). I was wondering if anyone would be in a similar position as me, and whether this means anything in regards to my chances of being accepted for my first choice.

Thank you! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
I have applied Business and Management in HKUST and I got an offer with 36 IB result in 2014.
Also, I got an offer from CUHK with 35 IB result in Hotel and Tourism Management!
Original post by sunny_wong
I have applied Business and Management in HKUST and I got an offer with 36 IB result in 2014.
Also, I got an offer from CUHK with 35 IB result in Hotel and Tourism Management!

Fast or main may I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 213
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Fast or main may I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what makes you so interested in hong kong? According to you, "Well if this is a rubbish world then it our job to make a wonderful, which is going to LSE and be the future leaders of tomorrow."
Why bother with "lowly" HKU or HKUST since you think LSE is the only institute in the world that nurtures future leaders?
I find this puzzling. Please enlighten me on this.
Original post by jeddybed
what makes you so interested in hong kong? According to you, "Well if this is a rubbish world then it our job to make a wonderful, which is going to LSE and be the future leaders of tomorrow."
Why bother with "lowly" HKU or HKUST since you think LSE is the only institute in the world that nurtures future leaders?
I find this puzzling. Please enlighten me on this.

There are times when you need to know who and what you are, and you need to accept the fact that you don't hit the mark. So I am setting a lower mark for myself. This is why I am interested in other schools as well.
Reply 215
There are times when you need to know who and what you are, and you need to accept the fact that you don't hit the mark. So I am setting a lower mark for myself. This is why I am interested in other schools as well.

fair enough, but you do know that intelligence has nothing to do with institutional affiliation. Not even a single bit.
Original post by jeddybed
fair enough, but you do know that intelligence has nothing to do with institutional affiliation. Not even a single bit.

I do understand, and I know many smart people just not work and end up in coffee shop, yet I also know some that are "less" intelligent but end up in top unis.
Reply 217
Someone told me today that fast-track applicants(HKU) who have been transferred to the main round have their application reviewed in the main round IF AND ONLY IF main round applications are less than in recent years. That means that most of the fast track applications are not reviewed by HKU. Is that true?
Reply 218

I wouldn't say applying to HKU or HKUST is " setting a lower mark "
Original post by Manic8
I wouldn't say applying to HKU or HKUST is " setting a lower mark "

Why isn't it a lower mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending