The Student Room Group

Girlfriend makes me pull out (on pill)

To cut the story short my girlfriend is on oral contraceptive and we can't use condoms because I can't feel anything. She's happy for me to go in bare but makes me pull out before evacuating. This basically kills the orgasm for me and makes it very unpleasant.

Now she's on the pill and taking it properly but she's scared of getting pregnant so doesn't want me to finish inside her. I explained how effective the pill is and how pulling out doesn't guarantee no pregnancy anyway.

What do I do? As it stands I can't enjoy climax at all during sex and it makes me not want to do it.
Reply 1
Have you tried the extra thin condoms or ones which are made to give the male pleasure? That may be an option.
The only sort of sex where you get to decide what happens every time is masturbation.

Here, your partner is not comfortable with something - that you think it's irrational doesn't matter, you're not the one who would get pregnant - and yet you want to do it anyway?

There are plenty of alternative places to ejaculate than in her vagina. You can also withdraw before you're just about to come too, which gives more choices about what to do next.

How is she about sex during her 'between months' bleed? Is there another (additional?) form of contraception you could use that would make both of you happy?
Reply 3
I see your point. Ask her why she feels that way. Realistically though if you can't persuade her you will have to work with the rules she sets.
(edited 9 years ago)
Talk to her she's being unreasonable
Reply 5
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Talk to her she's being unreasonable

I talked at length with her about this. Found out a friend of hers became pregnant whilst on the pill and taking it properly. I kind of tend to agree with her to an extent, but we've came to a conclusion that maybe the implant might be better for her than oral contraceptives as she doesn't have to worry if she's taking it properly and it's supposed to be far more effective than oral contraceptives too.

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
I talked at length with her about this. Found out a friend of hers became pregnant whilst on the pill and taking it properly. I kind of tend to agree with her to an extent, but we've came to a conclusion that maybe the implant might be better for her than oral contraceptives as she doesn't have to worry if she's taking it properly and it's supposed to be far more effective than oral contraceptives too.

Spoiler

For one, she has no idea that her friend was taking it correctly. Anyone would say that if they became pregnant on the pill so they don't look like it's their fault.
The first couple of times is scary, but after a few months you realise you're not pregnant and you start to trust the pill. You just have to bite the bullet and go for it the first few times.
The only thing with the implant is that it's not effective straight away, and when it starts to run out there is no way of knowing when exactly it's becoming less effective. Thereby putting yourself at risk. So you have this gap between having one and getting another where you're not covered by it, you don't know for sure how long this lasts and you'd definitely need to use another form of contraception during this time.

Tell her that if the only other thing you're doing to avoid getting her pregnant is pulling out, and the pill wasn't working, she would be pregnant by now. Faith in the pill does take time to build up, so maybe try and rest her mind by having a back-up plan? (One that will probably never need to be used, but will put her mind at ease).

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest