The Student Room Group

Is anyone else worried about the consequences of sex outside of marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Are you a boy or a girl. Maybe you should question your faith rather than your actions. How can what you are doing be wrong?
Original post by Guy Secretan
Are you a boy or a girl. Maybe you should question your faith rather than your actions. How can what you are doing be wrong?

I'm a girl. And I do. I don't really see how it should be wrong, especially since I plan to focus on my career once I've left uni and so marriage is way off, if at all. So I'm not sure how anyone can be expected to wait till they're mid-thirties before having sex. Or maybe I'm wrong. My parents would say I'm wrong and that adds to my confusion
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a girl. And I do. I don't really see how it should be wrong, especially since I plan to focus on my career once I've left uni and so marriage is way off, if at all. So I'm not sure how anyone can be expected to wait till they're mid-thirties before having sex. Or maybe I'm wrong. My parents would say I'm wrong and that adds to my confusion

Your parents are blinded by their own faith, wrong is like stealing or wasting your life. Sex existed long before marriage did and is a natural act. I knew people who were religious at uni yet still had sex.
If there is a hell, I'd imagine it would be full by now... considering we've all sinned. :devil3:
Original post by Geena-
If people followed the bible as if it were all gospel truth, 99.9% of us would have a one way ticket to hell.

2edgy4me
I just worry about sex in general.
I feel like the whole sex before marriage thing was more important in the days where DNA testing didn't exist and women were seen as property to be bought and sold. Not saying it's invalid, I feel like it should be more of a guidance these days so people really think about it before having sex. Just so they don't have sex for the wrong reasons. Also people aren't getting married during puberty so waiting to have sex until you're married at 28+ which is the average age in the UK then it'll be harder to wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tanya1901
I feel like the whole sex before marriage thing was more important in the days where DNA testing didn't exist and women were seen as property to be bought and sold. Not saying it's invalid, I feel like it should be more of a guidance these days so people really think about it before having sex. Just so they don't have sex for the wrong reasons. Also people aren't getting married during puberty so waiting to have sex until you're married at 28+ which is the average age in the UK then it'll be harder to wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a very valid point people got married much younger in biblical times also there wasn't available contraception.
Let me rifle you.
I've been brought up in a Christian household but for the past few years I've had difficulty believing in it all. I've recently become sexually active and to be honest I see nothing wrong with it, however, whenever my parents bring up God and tell me he can save me etc I can't help but think what's the point as I've already committed a 'sin'.

In a way I feel like my parents are wasting their time and effort as I've already disappointed them. I'd feel bad if I planned to stop, but I enjoy having sex and so if hell exists I must be going there I think.

(Sorry if this isn't completely coherent, my thoughts on this are all over the place at the moment)

As far as I'm concerned I think God moves with the times, something that was a sin back then may not be so sinful now, I don't mean big things like murder or theft but pre-marital sex is not so bad these days.
Original post by hippieglitter
As far as I'm concerned I think God moves with the times, something that was a sin back then may not be so sinful now, I don't mean big things like murder or theft but pre-marital sex is not so bad these days.

God's nature now runs in line with human trends? Is he wearing skinny jeans these days too? :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hippieglitter

Some of my Christian and even Muslim friends see it that way too but I can't help but feel a bit like a fraud when my parents discuss the Bible or something. Maybe it's a good thing I'm going to university soon..
Original post by Jebedee
God's nature now runs in line with human trends? Is he wearing skinny jeans these days too? :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

God was wearing skinny jeans before they were cool.

He's such a hipster.
Yes, it's part of the reason why I'm still a virgin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Believe me, I don't even know anymore. I'm a bit worried I'm going straight to hell but at the same time, is there even a hell? Why should I (occasionally) feel bad about doing something I enjoy doing? Also wondering if anyone else feels the same.

OP, no offence but when you were a Christian did you ever crack open the bible? The only way you are going to hell is if you don't believe in Jesus. That is the only 'sin' God does not forgive. So in theory you can do all that and still get into 'heaven', just as long as the day you die you belong to Jesus (but living like that is dangerous because you could drop dead right now)
Personally if you go to university, you'll find it hard to stay a Virgin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending