The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Love marriage isn't haram, it's how you act on it

http://www.aquila-style.com/focus-points/first-comes-love/37356/
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17 so I'm only thinking about losing my virginity at the moment.

But das one of the major sins (if outside of marriage) mane :K:
(edited 9 years ago)
They don't. It's arranged for them.
Original post by 0fcuksgiven
They don't. It's arranged for them.

You can't arrange a marriage for someone who doesn't want to get married or isn't thinking about marriage at all. That's a forced marriage. Two different things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to get married (inshallah) around 25/26. Other than that, I haven't really thought about marriage as im trying to get my life on track first (graduate & get a good job, travel etc). Once I have a stable income then I will think about marriage. Also, I haven't even met anyone that I'm remotely even interested in so..
I occasionally think about marriage but would ideally like to settle down after uni.

My sis on the other hand is getting married next summer and is only 19. Her situation is a bit complicated. She knows the guy but they tried to do it in guidelines of Islam so waited a while and got parents involved. Alhamdulillah.
Reply 47
Original post by Safiya122
I did say sadly haha so yeah. But like end of the day a lot of my muslim friends do that. I mean i think the girls see it as like a future marriage thing but a lot of muslim guys just see it as fun.They don't really mature up until it's time for marriage

Just to say its kinda pointless if the guy and girl are like 15, its like they've just finished counting their fingers lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Omar.Q
Just to say its kinda pointless if the guy and girl are like 15, its like they've just finished counting their fingers lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally I think any age under 20 is too young. Like I have relatives who married each other and the girl is like 19 and lives in pakistan and the guy is from england and is like 32 and she agreed to marry him and i was like WTF why???
Personally I think any age under 20 is too young. Like I have relatives who married each other and the girl is like 19 and lives in pakistan and the guy is from england and is like 32 and she agreed to marry him and i was like WTF why???

All about that laal passport :rolleyes:
Haven't thought about marriage, never will, as I don't do commitment.
If one is stable in every manner, what is the point of marriage?
Original post by Zamestaneh
All about that laal passport :rolleyes:

Haha this I agree with but honestly I would never have done that. And a lot of people from Pakistan think that people in England are living the life and etc but that's really not the case and if they knew half these marriages wouldn't even happen
Haha this I agree with but honestly I would never have done that. And a lot of people from Pakistan think that people in England are living the life and etc but that's really not the case and if they knew half these marriages wouldn't even happen

You cannot deny true love, yaar :mmm:
You cannot deny true love, yaar :mmm:

Hahahahahaha true love, hahaha yeah sure.

LOL
Hahahahahaha true love, hahaha yeah sure.

One day when your bio is matched with someone else's, and you gaze loftily without any care for the world into the eyes of the 36 year old man in the picture attached to the email sent to your parents from the other side of the world, then you will know that love transcends borders, then you will know what true love is :moon:
Uhm. Well. In my case, I've been with this guy for six years now. I'm 19 now. But his parents went against us saying I'm not a proper girl or something. (Known him since we were in primary school). He is doing Medical now whereas I'm doing my last year of A levels (I'm from Norway and he is too. We start education when we're 6. Don't ask why i'm late in A levels lol). My parents were perfectly fine with everything even though they didn't have a love marriage themselves, but he blames the fact that his parents are not very "modern" people and believe traditional " arranged" marriage is the right way. He wants to get committed to me in the 'halal' way and I would like that too. Just don't know what's gonna happen. We don't have any bad intentions. He lives in Norway now whereas I moved two and a half years ago to UK to do my education along with my family. Please don't say "oh, u guys went out for so long. haram". I've been in distance for about 3 years now and 3 years before that was in primary and high school. I've followed Islamic rules, but not the fact that I actually like someone so maybe it does go a bit against my religion. Anyway.

Any suggestions? He is 20 and in his first year of Medical (re did a year of college). I'm off to Uni next year. He does believe for a certain that once I get into University then things may change slightly as his parents would think we are serious adults and we've already entered our "fields" for University. When pyaar hits you then you realise what happens :tongue:
One day when your bio is matched with someone else's, and you gaze loftily without any care for the world into the eyes of the 36 year old man in the picture attached to the email sent to your parents from the other side of the world, then you will know that love transcends borders, then you will know what true love is :moon:

AHAHAHAHAHA stop!:L ewwwww. noooooo.
Original post by Anonymous
But.. isn't it normally the guys family that would get in contact with the girls?
And getting married in 'love' is haraam.

HARAAM POLICE, WATCH OUT EVERYBODY

jokes
Reply 59

There's a lot of things I could assume about that but I restrain from saying in this public forum, what I can say openly is her pros might have I repeat might have outweighed her con's, but from my point of view , I see it as a very 'plastic' relation if you know what I mean and yeah wtf is the reason ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending