The Student Room Group

International students applying to the uk 😸

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bealln17
Are you doing the Spanish b? Thats interesting! Dont you want to study in Spain?

Yeah I'm taking Lengua y literatura de Espana, Geografia de Espana and Historia de Espana :smile: I wanted to study in Spain but unfortunately due to the crisis your government has stopped giving scholarships etc to international students :/ Like a few years ago the best student of every bilingual class in my school got I think 725 euro at the end of the year as a one time prize from the Spanish government, then it was 625, 525 and now it's nothing. (Which sucks because I'm like best or second best so I'd have a chance haha.) Also, there were scholarships and grants for universities like Granada or Valencia... A few years ago out of like 35-40 people in a class, 9 people went to study to one of those cities, had some of their expenses paid etc. - awesome. But last year only one girl got a scholarship and she was like a goddess of knowledge. So as money is a big problem for me, I'd rather try to go to the UK where there are more grants or so it seems to me :smile: And the unis are generally better than in Spain.
What bachillerato courses are you taking :smile:?
Reply 21
Original post by Viridiana
Yeah I'm taking Lengua y literatura de Espana, Geografia de Espana and Historia de Espana :smile: I wanted to study in Spain but unfortunately due to the crisis your government has stopped giving scholarships etc to international students :/ Like a few years ago the best student of every bilingual class in my school got I think 725 euro at the end of the year as a one time prize from the Spanish government, then it was 625, 525 and now it's nothing. (Which sucks because I'm like best or second best so I'd have a chance haha.) Also, there were scholarships and grants for universities like Granada or Valencia... A few years ago out of like 35-40 people in a class, 9 people went to study to one of those cities, had some of their expenses paid etc. - awesome. But last year only one girl got a scholarship and she was like a goddess of knowledge. So as money is a big problem for me, I'd rather try to go to the UK where there are more grants or so it seems to me :smile: And the unis are generally better than in Spain.
What bachillerato courses are you taking :smile:?

Ohh, Im sad to hear that!! It totally sucks 😕 Though the public unis in Spain are far more cheaper than in the Uk! (compare 9,000 pounds to 1,000 euros) and if you dont go to the main cities you will find accommodation at a reasonable price!

I am going to reccommend you a uni you may like, its private (expensive) but its reaaally really good especially for economics and bussiness and law. They give a lot of grants and they really welcome international students! Its called the IE university, take a look at it :wink:

I have eight subjects (historia/lengua/mate/fisica/dibujo tecnico/filosofia e IT) and I do 3 extra subjects (politic/english/global studies) so Ill have both the Spanish and the american high School :biggrin:

GOOD LUCK!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending