The Student Room Group

Why do some guys think it's some sort of achievement to have a girlfriend?

Like it doesn't make them higher in the social hierarchy if you have a girlfriend :confused: It depends what you are like as a person in my opinion.
Having a mate shows survival of the fittest as your genes can be spread of to future generations in a biological point of view. I guess its translated to our views of social superiority these days.
Reply 2
Aint no achievement brah.....the more pussy you get is inversely proportional to the amount of free time and money you have....who calls that an achievement?
Original post by Multitalented me
Like it doesn't make them higher in the social hierarchy if you have a girlfriend :confused: It depends what you are like as a person in my opinion.

Because often it is a goal that they've been striving for for all of their life and then they finally achieve it and are like "hoo-rah".

I think pretty much all goals are only a means to the greater end of morality and happiness.
Reply 4
Original post by TorpidPhil
Because often it is a goal that they've been striving for for all of their life and then they finally achieve it and are like "hoo-rah".

I think pretty much all goals are only a means to the greater end of morality and happiness.

in other words, they're loser neckbeards who crave any femal attention they can get....y'know the sort of guys who actually think that a girl smiling at them means she wanst the D
Original post by TorpidPhil

But girls aren't like trophies or anything :confused: If it makes them feel happier then fair enough, but having one just to show off/because of the prestige value isn't right in my eyes.
Because they're immature lol.

It's easy to get A girlfriend. Not easy to find someone you actually want to be your girlfriend though.
Original post by Multitalented me
But girls aren't like trophies or anything :confused: If it makes them feel happier then fair enough, but having one just to show off/because of the prestige value isn't right in my eyes.

They aren't using the girl as a trophy in and of itself... But if your goal as a kid was to get a GF then a girl that is your GF becomes a trophy.

I'm certainly not endorsing such an immature outlook in life but that's just why they do it. Ridiculous I know.
Because on this site, it probably is :tongue:
In real life, I guess you get those guys who see it more of a trophy, social status symbol, bumps their ego...?? :smile: xx
Well at least striving for a relationship is better than striving for another notch in the bedpost??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending