The Student Room Group

Girls how do you deal with body hair if you live with your boyfriend?!

Im really hairy and am wondering how you do it. I'm hopefully moving in with my boyfriend of 2 years soon and up till now we've been LDR so we've only seen each other every month or so.

I feel like it's this big secret i need to warn him about! I can't just keep shaving as my skin gets irritated and it's a hassle to have to shave every day... And I can't afford laser. Heellppp!
Body hair is completely natural for males and females, If your boyfriend is a rational human being he will completely understand.
Reply 2
If your boyfriend can't cope with some body hair, maybe have a longer think about if you two are ready to move in together?
Reply 3
I just keep it the way it is. Never bothered shaving or waxing, well except once and the pain and itchiness of it was enough to put me off doing it again. My bf doesn't care if I have hair down there or not and tbh most guys don't usually care. They might have a preference but it won't be the be all and end all. If you explain how uncomfortable it is to shave down there to your bf, I am sure he will understand, especially if he has ever shaved his downstairs region before too

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's him that's going to have to learn to deal with body hair not you...
Reply 5
Original post by Spock's Socks
I just keep it the way it is. Never bothered shaving or waxing, well except once and the pain and itchiness of it was enough to put me off doing it again. My bf doesn't care if I have hair down there or not and tbh most guys don't usually care. They might have a preference but it won't be the be all and end all. If you explain how uncomfortable it is to shave down there to your bf, I am sure he will understand, especially if he has ever shaved his downstairs region before too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no its not just down there,I could maybe cope if it was... I have a hormonal imbalance so iI get hair in really random places like my stomach or chest area. It's more embarrassing than a bit of armpit or leg hair :frown:
Original post by picklescamp
I think it's him that's going to have to learn to deal with body hair not you...

See above. I'm sure he would be fine but it's humiliating... Sometimes iI have not shaved my legs /underarms when we meet but this seems different
Reply 6
I'm really hairy and I've learned to live with it. An ex boyfriend didn't mind the hair, he preferred it actually and so I let my leg hair grow. I have hair all over my body, including my face, and it's very dark hair too. I don't touch the hair, except from my upper lip. If he genuinely loves you, he wouldn't mind the hair. Just talk to him about it :smile: if you make it a big deal, he's going to think it is one, when in fact it's trivial.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Im really hairy and am wondering how you do it. I'm hopefully moving in with my boyfriend of 2 years soon and up till now we've been LDR so we've only seen each other every month or so.

I feel like it's this big secret i need to warn him about! I can't just keep shaving as my skin gets irritated and it's a hassle to have to shave every day... And I can't afford laser. Heellppp!

Everyone is hairy, he will understand. I have been living with my boyfriend for the past year and it's never been a problem. If I've been busy at Uni then my leg hair can be left a while and I normally just casually apologise for looking like a bear and we both move on.

You said in a previous comment about the odd chest hair etc. These are also completely normal, I get them quite often and just tweezer them when I see them. No man should care if you have been together that long!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
My girlfriend regularly has her 'winter legs' on when she is being lazy, we both laugh about it and I take the mick all the time - it is nothing to be insecure about, if he is a normal guy than he won't give a toss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending