The Student Room Group

i just realised something

I just remembered something I forgot to put on my UCAS application!

Basically, it's been processed and sent off, received by the universities and I've already got a conditional offer. But, I forgot to put that I'm resitting 3 AS modules :ashamed2: My college tutor didn't say anything about putting them on so it didn't cross my mind. What shall I do?

Edit: Just noticed the lower case 'I' in the title :angry:
(edited 8 years ago)
That is a huge ****up.

Contact UCAS immediately, that can make a huge change (improvement) in your offers.

There should be a specific contact number or email on your application tracker or page.

Make sure you have your UCAS ID number (or whatever it's called) ready when you contact them
Original post by Caitlinnnmay
I just remembered something I forgot to put on my UCAS application!

Basically, it's been processed and sent off, received by the universities and I've already got a conditional offer. But, I forgot to put that I'm resitting 3 AS modules :ashamed2: My college tutor didn't say anything about putting them on so it didn't cross my mind. What shall I do?

Edit: Just noticed the lower case 'I' in the title :angry:

Contact ucas's support team using their email: [email protected] and then email all of the universities you have applied to explaining the situation.
Original post by Dancatpro
That is a huge ****up.

Contact UCAS immediately, that can make a huge change (improvement) in your offers.

There should be a specific contact number or email on your application tracker or page.

Make sure you have your UCAS ID number (or whatever it's called) ready when you contact them

Oh **** :frown: thank you, I'll do that.
I too did this and phoned up and spoke to UCAS for a while. They assured me my application is correct, and that you only put AS qualifications you are planning to resit on your application if your AS result was not cashed in.
Original post by A-LJLB
I too did this and phoned up and spoke to UCAS for a while. They assured me my application is correct, and that you only put AS qualifications you are planning to resit on your application if your AS result was not cashed in.

Okay, I don't need to contact them to change it then? My AS results are cashed in
Not from what I was told, my college UCAS team phoned up to double check after I contacted UCAS myself and this is the reply I got: "UCAS have confirmed that if your AS result entered on your UCAS application is a ‘cashed in’ result, there is no need to enter a re-sit as an additional qualification on the application form.
The only instance when you would need to enter a re-sit as a separate, pending qualification, is when the AS result was not cashed in. Your application form is correct."

My college have never had any problems. I phoned up my universities too and they said I wouldn't have any problems. For peace of mind you could contact them, but I can assure you there won't be a problem as I'm not going to bother! I think there's just so much confusion around the whole application process.
Original post by A-LJLB
Not from what I was told, my college UCAS team phoned up to double check after I contacted UCAS myself and this is the reply I got: "UCAS have confirmed that if your AS result entered on your UCAS application is a ‘cashed in’ result, there is no need to enter a re-sit as an additional qualification on the application form.
The only instance when you would need to enter a re-sit as a separate, pending qualification, is when the AS result was not cashed in. Your application form is correct."

My college have never had any problems. I phoned up my universities too and they said I wouldn't have any problems. For peace of mind you could contact them, but I can assure you there won't be a problem as I'm not going to bother! I think there's just so much confusion around the whole application process.

Thank you! You've made me feel better about the situation haha. I'm going to speak to my college tutor tomorrow and see what she tells me to do
Original post by Caitlinnnmay
Thank you! You've made me feel better about the situation haha. I'm going to speak to my college tutor tomorrow and see what she tells me to do

Let me know what they say! I'm retaking 2 of my AS exams so I'm in exactly the same position as you! No problem :smile:
If your college plans to re-certify your AS result based on the resits then you must declare the resits as a pending AS result (along with the actual original certified result).

If the AS resits will only contribute towards your full A level grade then unless you declared modules for your A level pending grade you don't need to declare the resits.

If you did list modules for your pending A level results then the resit modules should be listed against those A levels (with only the AS modules you aren't resitting listed with achieved grades).
Original post by PQ
If your college plans to re-certify your AS result based on the resits then you must declare the resits as a pending AS result (along with the actual original certified result).

If the AS resits will only contribute towards your full A level grade then unless you declared modules for your A level pending grade you don't need to declare the resits.

If you did list modules for your pending A level results then the resit modules should be listed against those A levels (with only the AS modules you aren't resitting listed with achieved grades).

Is it worth just adding them then? My college is saying one thing, whereas two different UCAS staff have also said different things.
Original post by A-LJLB
Is it worth just adding them then? My college is saying one thing, whereas two different UCAS staff have also said different things.

I would recommend emailing details of any resits to the address in post 3 of this thread. Then once confirmed emailing all your universities to inform them of the update.

Schools and colleges often misinterpret UCAS rules. UCAS call centre staff often give contradictory answers. The stickied thread on declaring grades explains the official guidance and what universities expect you to declare. The consequences for a small number of applicants of ignoring this guidance is a lost university place. I will always recommend applicants declare everything and don't risk their place because of a technicality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending