The Student Room Group

Any muslims here also stopped believing in God?

After studying Islam, it just seems like a version of Christianity and Judaism (though I don't find either of those better, atleast both Moses and Jesus could perform miracles), where as Islam was written by a man in a cave, what was Muhammeds miracles? In my honest opinion all Islam seems like to me is Arab imprelism, arab clothing, arab names, arab way of life is the way Islam is founded on, many people want to show themselves as real muslim so therefore turn to the Arab lifestyle, it is interchanged, I don't believe in Allah anymore either, I've come to the conclusion to be a good person with morals you just need to be born and bred with them, many of my friends were muslim who turned ex muslim, at first I tried to keep my distance from them but in the end they turned out to be better peolpe then my muslim friends.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Original post by Anonymous
bump

I'm questioning things. I'm so confused right now, like is there a god but then I think there must be!! See the intelligent design. I don't even know right now but deep down i still have faith
Reply 3
I'm questioning things. I'm so confused right now, like is there a god but then I think there must be!! See the intelligent design. I don't even know right now but deep down i still have faith

to me judaism and christianity seem like more 'realistic' however there are issues with those two
to me judaism and christianity seem like more 'realistic' however there are issues with those two

I guess we'll never know until we're dead and maybe not even then .

I get what you mean with all the religions but i don't think god would have a son as christianity says...? :/
Reply 5
yh am an ex-muslim
The fact your even thinking about shows you know the truth. Step outside, it's time to live your life. There's the horizon, run while you can.

Enjoy buddy.
There is a website ,I don`t know if you have come across it before or not. I found it the other day.www.islam-watch.org.There are lots of ex Muslims in a similar situation. Also here on TSR is the Ex Muslim Society. Good luck.

Whatchu mean by intelligent design fam? I'm quite interested in how people justify believing in a God

A virgin had a baby that was the son of God.

Dat realism tho.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Whatchu mean by intelligent design fam? I'm quite interested in how people justify believing in a God

OK...

1.) The material universe resembles the intelligent productions of human beings in that it exhibits design.

2.) The design in any human artifact is the effect of having been made by an intelligent being.

3.) Like effects have like causes.

4.) Therefore, the design in the material universe is the effect of having been made by an intelligent creator.

Had the Big Bang Been Different, the Universe Probably Wouldn’t Contain Life.

That this was the case, though, was either an extraordinary fluke, or was intended by the big bang’s Creator. Had the rate of expansion been even fractionally slower—one part in a million million—then the big bang would have been followed by a big crunch before life could have developed. Had the rate of expansion been even fractionally faster—one part in a million—then stars and planets could not have formed. It is highly unlikely that a random big bang would be such as to allow life to develop, and therefore highly unlikely, according to the argument from design, that the big bang from which our universe was formed happened at random.The fact that the universe is fit for life requires explanation, and an appeal to chance is no explanation at all. It is far more likely that the universe was initiated by a being that intended to create a universe that could support life. The fine-tuning of the universe for life can only be explained with reference to a Creator, as the result of intelligent design.

The rate of the expansion of the universe following the big bang is just one instance of apparent design in the universe; other examples, like the strength of the weak force, the strength of the strong force, and isotropy are further examples.

Each example makes it less likely that the universe was created at random and more likely that it was designed by a Creator that takes an interest in humanity. Once all of this evidence is taken into account, the argument from design concludes, there can be no question as to whether the universe just happens to be fit for life or whether it was deliberately created that way; the universe clearly exhibits the marks of intelligent design.
Good for you!
OK...

1.) The material universe resembles the intelligent productions of human beings in that it exhibits design.

2.) The design in any human artifact is the effect of having been made by an intelligent being.

4.) Therefore, the design in the material universe is the effect of having been made by an intelligent creator.

That this was the case, though, was either an extraordinary fluke, or was intended by the big bang’s Creator. Had the rate of expansion been even fractionally slower—one part in a million million—then the big bang would have been followed by a big crunch before life could have developed. Had the rate of expansion been even fractionally faster—one part in a million—then stars and planets could not have formed. It is highly unlikely that a random big bang would be such as to allow life to develop, and therefore highly unlikely, according to the argument from design, that the big bang from which our universe was formed happened at random.The fact that the universe is fit for life requires explanation, and an appeal to chance is no explanation at all. It is far more likely that the universe was initiated by a being that intended to create a universe that could support life. The fine-tuning of the universe for life can only be explained with reference to a Creator, as the result of intelligent design.

The rate of the expansion of the universe following the big bang is just one instance of apparent design in the universe; other examples, like the strength of the weak force, the strength of the strong force, and isotropy are further examples.

Each example makes it less likely that the universe was created at random and more likely that it was designed by a Creator that takes an interest in humanity. Once all of this evidence is taken into account, the argument from design concludes, there can be no question as to whether the universe just happens to be fit for life or whether it was deliberately created that way; the universe clearly exhibits the marks of intelligent design.

Most of this is just the anthropocentric argument which has been debunked. The conditions were right for life and thus we evolved. If they hadn't been right then we wouldn't even be here to question it.

What religious people do is then extrapolate backwards and assume that because we are here there MUST have been some fine tuning for that to be possible when there is actually no reason to believe that at all. It is purely an assumption and a baseless one at that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Good for you!

What do you think of the above post ^
yeah my faith has been kinda dropping not gonna lie...
Most of this is just the anthropometric argument which has been debunked. The conditions were right for life and thus we evolved. If they hadn't been right then we wouldn't even be here to question it.

What religious people do is then extrapolate backwards and assume that because we are here there MUST have been some fine tuning for that to be possible when there is actually no reason to believe that at all. It is purely an assumption and a baseless one at that.

But was it by chance?
Or was it by an intelligent being that had the intention of doing this?
But was it by chance?
Or was it by an intelligent being that had the intention of doing this?

Well there is no evidence whatsoever for the latter meaning it's much more likely that the universe just happened to have conditions that led to life on Earth. You've also got to have in mind that life isn't even that common in the first place, look at all the planets we've discovered that are barren.

Surely if God created the universe for life then it would be bursting with it. It makes no sense to create an unfathomably large universe to only allow life to flourish on one planet, which is like a speck of dust in an entire country.
Well there is no evidence whatsoever for the latter meaning it's much more likely that the universe just happened to have conditions that led to life on Earth. You've also got to have in mind that life isn't even that common in the first place, look at all the planets we've discovered that are barren.

Surely if God created the universe for life then it would be bursting with it. It makes no sense to create an unfathomably large universe to only allow life to flourish on one planet, which is like a speck of dust in an entire country.

I don't even know what to believe tbh. I shall remain neutral.

that isn't a very scientific explanation 'it just happened'. lol
Oh no I got an essay back lmao okay...

I seem to remember Hume having something to say about this. All design arguments are drawn from human analogy, but nothing from nature has any real evidence of being designed. You can't use human inventions as a way of explaining the entire universe, the two things aren't alike at all other than a perceived "order" of the things in it.

According to the multiverse theory, we've had infinite possibilities of universe. Given infinite generations of universes each with different conditions, you'd produce life an infinite number of times, as well as not producing life an infinite number of times. It is totally feasible that life is the result of random chance.

Also this whole "fine tuning" thing, doesn't mean much. I have a theory that if any human was able to observe anything at all, if they observed a universe devoid of life, even, they would find order in it. By merely experiencing something, us humans tend to then think that thing makes sense, and therefore is orderly. From it appearing ordered, you can then draw a conclusion that it is fine tuned. I'd say that "order" doesn't really exist as a tangible thing, but more like something we project onto reality. It's kind of meaningless to claim that "x is fine tuned because if things were y then x wouldn't have happened" as you are, because if event y happened instead we'd just assume that was the order of things. I have no idea if any of what I've just said makes sense, but #worthashot

I'd advise that you continue to question your belief, having beliefs that are more airtight makes things so much easier.
that isn't a very scientific explanation 'it just happened'. lol

It is if there's no one explanation for it. After all, to say otherwise assumes a reason and thus a creator for which there is no evidence.

If you think about it, ultimately every single question boils down to "just because".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending