The Student Room Group

Friend thinks I have feelings for her boyfriend when I don't?

So one of my friends has been together with her boyfriend for about 2 years now and they're a very cute couple. In their first year together, we were very close and we always had long and nice conversations together. I was with someone at the time too so me and my ex would go on double dates with her and her boyfriend. Me and my ex broke up a few months later and she messaged me saying that my ex had loved me etc.

Me and her boyfriend have been good friends from the start. She dumped him for about four months and in those four months, me and her boyfriend became close, talked everyday and I asked her what happened and she replied back rudly. I got a message from her a while later asking me to tell her everything he said to me. She also messaged me asking if us two were flirting or anything, which we weren't.

They got back together eventually but ever since she's been very bitchy to me. She's been slagging me off to my friends about my figure and my looks, whenever I try to have a convo with her she gives short replies halfheartedly. She's been very sarcastic with me too even when I've tried to joke with her.

Me and the bf do talk a bit but I don't understand why she's being the way she is. I don't see her bf in a romantic light at all.
Reply 1
I'm assuming that she thinks I like her bf. I don't know why else she could be mean to me.
I would say 'I don't know why you keep slagging me off but I don't care - goodbye'.
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
I would say 'I don't know why you keep slagging me off but I don't care - goodbye'.

I'm genuinely wondering why. I'm pretty confused as to why she's being mean.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm genuinely wondering why. I'm pretty confused as to why she's being mean.

:iiam:

Maybe you can ask the boyfriend to ask on your behalf (whether he'd agree.. :dontknow:) but this person clearly isn't worth your time. Maybe she feels threatened by you - who knows. :redface:
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
:iiam:

Maybe you can ask the boyfriend to ask on your behalf (whether he'd agree.. :dontknow:) but this person clearly isn't worth your time. Maybe she feels threatened by you - who knows. :redface:

I did PM you. Reply to meh
Reply 6
Anyone else?
Reply 7
It would be nice if I had more replies on this. I'm pretty confused.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
It would be nice if I had more replies on this. I'm pretty confused.

lol how about asking her.
Even if there is nothing between you romantically, she felt threatened because you became close during the break. This girl is obviously not a good person, and I agree with SeanFM that you just have to give up on her and do as you do. All you can say is that you're friends and not once has anything romantic happened. If she can't grow up and stop being a mouthy jerk then it's her problem.

I know it's terrible that your friends are being told bad things about you but do you not trust them to be on your side? You just have to let them know she's talking nonsense and that you're not having any part in the feud she's starting. You wish them nothing but happiness. Be the bigger person?
Original post by Jennie1987
Even if there is nothing between you romantically, she felt threatened because you became close during the break. This girl is obviously not a good person, and I agree with SeanFM that you just have to give up on her and do as you do. All you can say is that you're friends and not once has anything romantic happened. If she can't grow up and stop being a mouthy jerk then it's her problem.

I know it's terrible that your friends are being told bad things about you but do you not trust them to be on your side? You just have to let them know she's talking nonsense and that you're not having any part in the feud she's starting. You wish them nothing but happiness. Be the bigger person?

I don't know why she thinks it. Me and her boyfriend get on well but that's hardly a big deal. Anyone can see that her boyfriend adores her completely.

I would be just want to know whether she does feel threatened. She's very pretty and she's been bitchy about me for some reason.
same here my friend and her bf just got back togther and me and her bf was friends and now she is like supper mad that me are bsf friends now she kept on telling me to stay away from here bf we havnt even been bsf for two days idk anymore i dont think we should be friends i just wish she would have more trust in me and him

Latest

Trending

Trending