The Student Room Group

We are moving in together half way through the year. Can we apply for more money?

Me and my boyfriend are moving in together in January 2017. At the minute he's applied for a loan from living with his parents. If we move out can we not somehow reapply and get more money as if he's living away from home or will we have to stick with the original? If we can have more how do we go about getting it starting from the January loan? Thank you
You can apply for more loanup to 9 months after your course starts.
Original post by Rachellb247
Me and my boyfriend are moving in together in January 2017. At the minute he's applied for a loan from living with his parents. If we move out can we not somehow reapply and get more money as if he's living away from home or will we have to stick with the original? If we can have more how do we go about getting it starting from the January loan? Thank you

Hi, As you are both living away from home you will be assessed on the elsewhere rate of maintenance loan which is higher than the parental home rate. If you are under 25, not married and have no dependents any income assessment would remain based on parents household income. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending