The Student Room Group

She keeps texting her ex, even though she knows i hate it...

So I've been in a relationship with this girl now for 6 months altogether.

Before she was seeing me, she used to go out with this one boy and they were talking for quite a while it seemed and she did lose her virginity with this boy but she goes on about how he seemed to be controllive at times and used to make her do things she didn't really like that much.

When she first started talking to myself she used to say how she stopped talking to everyone else and just concentrated on me, however over the past couple of months it turns out she has still be messaging with this boy and he keeps telling her at times to "suck him off" and even then went onto to say about cheating and "he forgot how hard it is to cheat on someone, so you should just do it and forget".

I've told her plenty of times i don't mind her at all talking with anyone, except with this one boy simply because of this reason. But she always goes on about how she doesn't like to have enemies and likes to keep peace with this one but i just feel uncomfortable with this.

How should i play this? Tell her straight out to stop otherwise i'm going? Shall i message the actual boy myself, if so, what should i write to him?

I'm more of a face-face person, I want go out of my way to fight anyone as i do see it as pointless, but i'm not scared in most scenarios if i have to.
Reply 1
Divorce her.
it's reasonable for her to be in contact with an ex if they're friends... it's not reasonable for her to maintain contact with someone who is making sexual comments (and it doesn't sound like she's telling him to stop!) - you need to tell her that it's not acceptable behaviour in a relationship and then if she refuses to stop decide whether it's worth carrying on the relationship
She'll get these sexual request from her ex but wants to "keep peace"? Something must be going wrong.
Don't tell her to stop, you could ask though. Maybe her relationship with him is special/still important. Maybe she likes the attention :fluffy:
Tell her that she is killing the relationship and that if he is more important to her than you, there is no relationship.
It's a bit odd that she keeps talking to him even though he is making inappropriate requests, I would say to her you are very uncomfortable about it.
Don't bother contacting the boy. He owes you no loyalty. You should tell HER to stop it or you're leaving

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
wow sounds like hes still controlling her

Original post by headonmatt
How should i play this? Tell her straight out to stop otherwise i'm going?

yes! thats what i would do.
Grow some manly balls and accept your place in this 3 way relationship.
She doesn't respect your feelings or your relationship.

You have 2 options.
Talk to her sternly again or break up

Before she was seeing me, she used to go out with this one boy and they were talking for quite a while it seemed and she did lose her virginity with this boy but she goes on about how he seemed to be controllive at times and used to make her do things she didn't really like that much.

When she first started talking to myself she used to say how she stopped talking to everyone else and just concentrated on me, however over the past couple of months it turns out she has still be messaging with this boy and he keeps telling her at times to "suck him off" and even then went onto to say about cheating and "he forgot how hard it is to cheat on someone, so you should just do it and forget".

I've told her plenty of times i don't mind her at all talking with anyone, except with this one boy simply because of this reason. But she always goes on about how she doesn't like to have enemies and likes to keep peace with this one but i just feel uncomfortable with this.

How should i play this? Tell her straight out to stop otherwise i'm going? Shall i message the actual boy myself, if so, what should i write to him?

I'm more of a face-face person, I want go out of my way to fight anyone as i do see it as pointless, but i'm not scared in most scenarios if i have to.

Lol mate, this is not on, how is your gf thinking that you are just gonna be ok with it when another man is messaging her telling her to cheat on you?

Tell her that she needs to cut this guy off totally. Non-negotiable. She is with you now not him. She shouldnt be messaging this guy ever again, especially with the stuff he's saying to her. DO NOT negotiate with her on this.

She can either have you who will treat her right, or she can go back to her piece of sh*t ex who made her feel like sh**. Simple.

She will do what you say, just be firm and dont be fooled by any trickery she might use (e.g. making you think you're in the wrong by saying some BS like you dont give her enough attention, or trying to fool you with some other sobstory)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by beeninetytwo
Don't tell her to stop, you could ask though. Maybe her relationship with him is special/still important. Maybe she likes the attention :fluffy:

OP do not listen to this advice at all. If you do, your gf will think you're a pushover and will continue to treat you like one.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Radisson Blue
OP do not listen to this advice at all. If you do, your gf will think you're a pushover and will continue to treat you like one.

My advice is awful tbf.
^^^^that was me. Acciental anon
I'd tell her, I'd have no problem if you were just being civil with each other, but I've seen the messages, so you need to respect me and cut contact. If you can't respect me, then this relationship isn't going to work. I'd also - just me, so this next part is optional - be ringing him up and telling him that he'd best back off, or there's gonna be trouble. Not necessary that part, but that's what I'd do. The important thing is getting her to stop talking to him.
Original post by StyleIcon
Don't bother contacting the boy. He owes you no loyalty. You should tell HER to stop it or you're leaving

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree. Whilst he indeed owes no loyalty to OP, if that were me I'd take him literally trying to convince her to cheat on me as total disrespect. Show me disrespect, and we're gonna have a problem.

Forget all that BS about periods and PMS - this is what you call female problems.

Mate, you've already tried being diplomatic and she has ignored you. Now you need to have a serious conversation with her - tell her to stop messaging this guy, or she can **** off and go back to him. You don't need a ***** like that playing games and wanting it both ways. Oh, he was controlling, but she still wants keep messaging him - why? Because she's too much of a candy-ass to know how to be faithful to you and she just wants guys to chase her. Remind her that it's your way or the highway. If she ignores you again, she can get lost. These hoes ain't loyal.
Original post by Radisson Blue
Lol mate, this is not on, how is your gf thinking that you are just gonna be ok with it when another man is messaging her telling her to cheat on you?

Tell her that she needs to cut this guy off totally. Non-negotiable. She is with you now not him. She shouldnt be messaging this guy ever again, especially with the stuff he's saying to her. DO NOT negotiate with her on this.

She can either have you who will treat her right, or she can go back to her piece of sh*t ex who made her feel like sh**. Simple.

She will do what you say, just be firm and dont be fooled by any trickery she might use (e.g. making you think you're in the wrong by saying some BS like you dont give her enough attention, or trying to fool you with some other sobstory)

Wish I could 'like' this several times!!! This is spot on advice. Yes, one can be 'friends' w/ an ex but that doesn't equate to regular texting and especially if the guy is making sexual requests!! She needs to respect the relationship you two have built and if she chooses not to then you need to move on and find a girl who will!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending