The Student Room Group

How to stop feeling sad after results

I got my results and they were still very good (3A* and 8As) but I didnt reach my goal and I just can't stop feeling sad about it. I've had problems with depression in the past and I have had some not nice thoughts. I've tried doing things to try to make me happy and keep my mind off of it but nothings working. I'm not seeing any friends until tuesday and I don't know what to while feeling like im about to cry all the time
Think about your bright future.

Or play Pokemon, that always helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Just a Bloke
Think about your bright future.

Or play Pokemon, that always helps.

lol what bright future, I have no idea what i am doing but thanks i will try playing pokemon
Reply 3
In other news im going to see The 1975 in December which i am excited about
Original post by rihana.c
lol what bright future, I have no idea what i am doing but thanks i will try playing pokemon

I cannot predict the outcome of your future, but I can regardless congratulate you on the opportunity.

With 3A* and 8A's, regardless of whether you fell under your goal or not, you can start applying yourself towards doing whatever you like. Pull you head out of the gutter and start thinking 1) positively and 2) practically, because sullenness is neither.
Reply 5
With 3 A* and 8A's, you're already FAR ahead of the pack. You may not know what you want to do, but right now, with those results, your options are limitless.
Reply 6
Original post by Just a Bloke
I cannot predict the outcome of your future, but I can regardless congratulate you on the opportunity.

With 3A* and 8A's, regardless of whether you fell under your goal or not, you can start applying yourself towards doing whatever you like. Pull you head out of the gutter and start thinking 1) positively and 2) practically, because sullenness is neither.

thank you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Akamega
With 3 A* and 8A's, you're already FAR ahead of the pack. You may not know what you want to do, but right now, with those results, your options are limitless.

Well ask yourself if you are being realistic to be sad?
Most of it is created vy you and having such high expectations.
In terms of your progress its ublikely to make any difference as A levels are more important.
If it does then retake the ones you need to, although I think the effort is better spent on A levels.

Think how sad you might feel with some of the people on thse forums with obly 2 -3 GCSE's. Ig you are determined to feel sad then carry on, but its raher out of proportion relative to others. Good news is it gets boring and it lessons over time, be it months or years. You will look back and wonder what all the angst was about.
Your results are amazing! You should be so proud of yourself! I know how it feels to be disappointed with your results, I remember in the mocks I got a B in maths and I was gutted. I then went and got an A in the real thing only 7 marks away from an A*. I am so happy with my results and I hope in time you will realise how amazing they are and allow yourself to be proud :smile:
Reply 10
When i saw this i was thinking you failed your exams.....buddy you did really well! :smile: don't set your standards so high. You should be feeling proud right now. And if your sad, think about the next step for you in life. Maybe its sixth form? You've proved your good enough to achieve good results in life, go out there and do what you like :smile: your going to do amazing!!
Reply 11
Original post by 999tigger
Well ask yourself if you are being realistic to be sad?
Most of it is created vy you and having such high expectations.
In terms of your progress its ublikely to make any difference as A levels are more important.
If it does then retake the ones you need to, although I think the effort is better spent on A levels.

Think how sad you might feel with some of the people on thse forums with obly 2 -3 GCSE's. Ig you are determined to feel sad then carry on, but its raher out of proportion relative to others. Good news is it gets boring and it lessons over time, be it months or years. You will look back and wonder what all the angst was about.

Thank you, I know it is a bit unfair to others who may have not done as well, part of the reason for this thread, so I can stop feeling sad and be happy as my grades are still very good.
To be honest, this thread and my feeling sad was more to do with my depression and thoughts as I've struggled in the past and this just set me off again after feeling quite good for a few months.
But thanks again
Reply 12
Original post by ellieffion
Your results are amazing! You should be so proud of yourself! I know how it feels to be disappointed with your results, I remember in the mocks I got a B in maths and I was gutted. I then went and got an A in the real thing only 7 marks away from an A*. I am so happy with my results and I hope in time you will realise how amazing they are and allow yourself to be proud :smile:

Thank you. Well done to you, thats amazing!
I hope so too :smile:
Reply 13
Reply 14
Original post by Pedrex
When i saw this i was thinking you failed your exams.....buddy you did really well! :smile: don't set your standards so high. You should be feeling proud right now. And if your sad, think about the next step for you in life. Maybe its sixth form? You've proved your good enough to achieve good results in life, go out there and do what you like :smile: your going to do amazing!!

Yh, hopefully I'll do well in my a-levels. Thank you :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by rihana.c
Yh, hopefully I'll do well in my a-levels. Thank you :smile:

Im sure you will do great, don't worry about it. No problem :smile:
I'm upset too, but I will get over it. :smile:

I got 2A*s, 6As and a C and a D

The C and the D I am kicking myself for, because I know I didn't put enough effort as I could have in and it's my fault.
And tbh this might sound pathetic, but because I have OCD, I'm just annoyed at how out of place those 2 grades look on my results sheet haha.
Reply 17
Original post by أنيسة
I'm upset too, but I will get over it. :smile:

I got 2A*s, 6As and a C and a D

The C and the D I am kicking myself for, because I know I didn't put enough effort as I could have in and it's my fault.
And tbh this might sound pathetic, but because I have OCD, I'm just annoyed at how out of place those 2 grades look on my results sheet haha.

Yh I understand, still great results
and no its cool aha I get it
Time heals all wounds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending