The Student Room Group

All my friends have stopped talking to me

Sorry for the rant but I'm very angry.

I'm sick and tired of having deadbeat 'friends' who can't be bothered to keep a good friendship going. I made supposedly good friends at university but once graduation was over, it seemed that they're more than happy to throw the friendship out of the ****ing window.

We always talked at uni and for a few weeks after it finished but now everyone has their own life and can't be bothered to say hi every now and then. I've tried messaging them every now then to spark a decent conversation but they're just never in the mood and it dies after 5-10 minutes.

Even my best friend has stopped talking to me, I don't know what the **** to do anymore. I don't have any more friends and the sad thing is, this has always happened to me. I never have anyone messaging me, EVER. My whatsapp is dead as anything and no one decides to message me on FB either. How the hell can people have like 10 conversations going on at once and I can't even have one!? I don't know if it's just me as a person that's just so boring to talk to, but I doubt it since they were more than interested in talking to me when I was with them. I've also tried arranging to meet up but they're just "so busy" that they can't even find a free Saturday to have a catch up.

I never make long lasting friends, it seems to me that people only friend me as a matter of convenience, then once it's over they just don't care anymore. But the thing is, it's not that I don't try to be friends, I do! When I meet new people I talk to them, to get to know them more and then keep talking to them, going out together and having fun.

Dont' know what to do anymore.
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry for the rant but I'm very angry.

I'm sick and tired of having deadbeat 'friends' who can't be bothered to keep a good friendship going. I made supposedly good friends at university but once graduation was over, it seemed that they're more than happy to throw the friendship out of the ****ing window.

We always talked at uni and for a few weeks after it finished but now everyone has their own life and can't be bothered to say hi every now and then. I've tried messaging them every now then to spark a decent conversation but they're just never in the mood and it dies after 5-10 minutes.

Even my best friend has stopped talking to me, I don't know what the **** to do anymore. I don't have any more friends and the sad thing is, this has always happened to me. I never have anyone messaging me, EVER. My whatsapp is dead as anything and no one decides to message me on FB either. How the hell can people have like 10 conversations going on at once and I can't even have one!? I don't know if it's just me as a person that's just so boring to talk to, but I doubt it since they were more than interested in talking to me when I was with them. I've also tried arranging to meet up but they're just "so busy" that they can't even find a free Saturday to have a catch up.

I never make long lasting friends, it seems to me that people only friend me as a matter of convenience, then once it's over they just don't care anymore. But the thing is, it's not that I don't try to be friends, I do! When I meet new people I talk to them, to get to know them more and then keep talking to them, going out together and having fun.

Dont' know what to do anymore.

Oh man, same here, i totally know what you mean. But i'll be back later and reply if no one has already.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Oh man, same here, i totally know what you mean. But i'll be back later and reply if no one has already.

It’s been 7 years that you have promised to be back for a reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending