The Student Room Group

Would you trust a male teacher?

Just need anyone's opinion on this, do you trust male teachers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
with what?
Depends on who.
I don't think it really matters what gender they are- more what heir character is like. However, I have generally found young male teachers to be more trustworthy than young female teachers (who in my school at least, have not been very trustworthy). It would be helpful if you explained your situation more
Reply 4
[QUOTE=Suprite;68238144]with what?

With young students, specifically female
Original post by Anonymous

Usually, male teachers are nicer than females ones😀 but that's just what I've experienced
No reason not to whether it be with young girls and boys or older girls and boys.

The narrative that male teachers can't be trusted with minors doesn't have any merit and is a dangerous way of thinking. There are numerous cases where female teachers have had unlawful relationships with minors.
I like the male teachers I have way more than the female ones. They seem to be more chilled with their teaching.
Trust no one.

Female teachers can also prey on vulnerable boys.
I see no reason to distrust them just because they're male

What's your opinion?
Yes they are all Evil Pedophiles and the only reason they all got into teaching was girls.

Have you had an issue with a male teacher?
Original post by Lemons1990
Trust no one.

Female teachers can also prey on vulnerable boys.

This. I went to an all boys school and it was so apparent that this is a regular thing.
Original post by Rhaenys10
Usually, male teachers are nicer than females ones😀 but that's just what I've experienced

Yep male teachers are much better!:tongue:

It depends what it is...

Have you had a problem with male teachers before? Also, it depends on whether you're a boy or a girl (I assume you're a girl.)
only if theyre in their 20s
As a child growing up, we were taught in the confines of the children's home by both male and female teachers (nuns and priests). Not one single one of them should have been allowed near a child.
However, that doesn't mean that I didn't trust male or female teachers around my children. When you have experienced issues, it's difficult to have a mindset that doesn't include mistrust.
I find pretty much all my teachers trustworthy regardless of sex -shrug

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending