The Student Room Group

Really want a girlfriend.

Let me get this clear, I want a girlfriend, I don't need one :smile:

I've been single for 2,5 years now. I've had crushes, but I got to anxious; I've have flings, but they didn't work out; and I've had dates, but I ended up being turned off or wasn't interested in them at way.

So I really want to be able to ask my crushes out, but I still find it hard to "man up" and ask them out - or I struggle with spotting the signs the girls like me.

What can I do?

Scroll to see replies

Just show her your sick rep on the TSR, that'll make her ****ing drip mate
Reply 2
Want one but don't need one.

Erm okay... Don't be desperate, that's really unsettling for a lot of girls.
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
Want one but don't need one.

Erm okay... Don't be desperate, that's really unsettling for a lot of girls.

"Needing" is desperate.

"Wanting" = if a girl so happened to walk in my life that was dating-material would be really nice.
Reply 4
Just hang out more with your crushes, build your friendship slowly, but effective, let them be aware of your feelings through little gestures and then become more intimate. (not at the same time with all the crushes)
Reply 6
Not because he would possibly need one...........:rofl:
Original post by Sager-Advice
Just show her your sick rep on the TSR, that'll make her ****ing drip mate

ain't that the truth

:borat:
Reply 8
Maybe he feels like his life is incomplete without a gf.
Reply 9
Original post by EC
Just hang out more with your crushes, build your friendship slowly, but effective, let them be aware of your feelings through little gestures and then become more intimate. (not at the same time with all the crushes)

If he can go under the radar and do it to all his crushes without the others being aware then he should do so. When it comes to dating I wouldn't suggest a guy initially put all his eggs in one basket unless he absolutely has to. What if he spends 6 mths hanging out with a crush, building the relationship, moving all his chess pieces into play ...waiting for that perfect moment .......then he finally lays it all on the line and confesses his feeling .......and the girl turns round and says "nah mate, we're just friends"

that's a lot of time wasted he'll never get back.

best to plant seeds with multiple girls imo, and leave it no longer than 1 mth before making your feelings known,and if it's a no ...start looking for someone else...
Reply 10
:rofl:

Well, have you though that guys might scare them off when they instantly put their feelings on a plate like that?
Reply 11
You've been single for a few years? Try being single for your whole life, you have no idea how hard it is for me. You think you have it bad? Buddy, you have no idea.
Reply 12
I completely agree with you, no one should ever rely on someone else to fulfill their life.
Reply 13
Original post by ANM775
If he can go under the radar and do it to all his crushes without the others being aware then he should do so. When it comes to dating I wouldn't suggest a guy initially put all his eggs in one basket unless he absolutely has to. What if he spends 6 mths hanging out with a crush, building the relationship, moving all his chess pieces into play ...waiting for that perfect moment .......then he finally lays it all on the line and confesses his feeling .......and the girl turns round and says "nah mate, we're just friends"

that's a lot of time wasted he'll never get back.

best to plant seeds with multiple girls imo, and leave it no longer than 1 mth before making your feelings known,and if it's a no ...start looking for someone else...

What if he hangs out with 5 girls and they all start developing feelings for the OP?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by EC
What if he hangs out with 5 girls and they all start developing feelings for OP?

then he gonna be like dis

Spoiler

Reply 15
"HEY, I LIKE U, U LIKE I??" surely makes every lady fall in love with you.. :laugh:

Imo, a great relationship evolves into something more serious and not just casual if you're actually friends before so you'll know for sure that she is the person you were looking for. People move too fast nowadays and only seek the result without actually enjoying it. But then again, he REALLY WANTS a girlfriend so..
Original post by EC
What if he hangs out with 5 girls and they all start developing feelings for the OP?

pick one, tell the others you want to be friends lol.
Original post by Anonymous
Let me get this clear, I want a girlfriend, I don't need one :smile:

I've been single for 2,5 years now. I've had crushes, but I got to anxious; I've have flings, but they didn't work out; and I've had dates, but I ended up being turned off or wasn't interested in them at way.

So I really want to be able to ask my crushes out, but I still find it hard to "man up" and ask them out - or I struggle with spotting the signs the girls like me.

What can I do?

Just be your self man! and stop trying to force fate. Chill and be yourself around the female. If you both click together and hit the ground running, then you have got over the first hurdle. The worst thing you can do is 'think what to say!' That's when you come across nervous and uneasy.

Shake and bake fella 🤜🏻🤛🏻
Reply 18
Original post by ANM775

Spoiler

Lol, keep as backup. That's not a cool thing to do and he might end up really confused as he can't really focus on any of them well enough in order to be sure what she's really like.
Reply 19
Original post by EC
Lol, keep as backup. That's not a cool thing to do and he might end up really confused as he can't really focus on any of them well enough in order to be sure what she's really like.

you're right,it's not a cool thing to do... but people do it all the same. Girls have done it to me before. I spent about 3 mths as backup guy before I realized what this girl was actually doing :angry:

the dating game isn't particularly kind or fair at times ....but that's life I guess....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending