The Student Room Group

HELP taken pill (Rigevidon) incorrectly?

Ok So I've been taking the pill at 7:00pm everyday fine from the 7th of December to the the 17th of January. I ran two packs together because I didn't want to have my period during January exams and I heard that this was fine. After hearing that there was going to be a big celeboratory night out on the 21st I took extra pills from the next pack on the 19th, 19th, 20th and 21st. But I took the pill on the 19th about 1 in the morning and the preceding pills were taken from about 8-11ishpm. I was a bit of idiot because I misunderstood the instructions and thought that as long as you took each pill at a time that differed by less than 12 hours it was fine. I've been on the 7 day pill break from teh 22nd to now and still no period. I was going to start a new pack after the 7 day break. Any advice?
Start the next pack so the break is no longer than seven days - if it's longer, you'll need to use another form of contraception from seven days since stopping until a week after you restart.

It's a combined pill, so you're right, skipping a break is fine and it doesn't matter nearly as much what time you take them. You've missed one - you didn't have any on the 18th, yes? - but that will be ok: you've effectively had a one day break after taking them for several weeks.

Given all this, it's not enormously surprising that your bleeding is a bit missed up. It'll probably happen next break but, as ever, if you're worried talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted
Start the next pack so the break is no longer than seven days - if it's longer, you'll need to use another form of contraception from seven days since stopping until a week after you restart.

It's a combined pill, so you're right, skipping a break is fine and it doesn't matter nearly as much what time you take them. You've missed one - you didn't have any on the 18th, yes? - but that will be ok: you've effectively had a one day break after taking them for several weeks.

Given all this, it's not enormously surprising that your bleeding is a bit missed up. It'll probably happen next break but, as ever, if you're worried talk to a doctor or pharmacist.

I ended up taking two on the 19th by at about one in the morning before going to bed and the other was probably at about 23:30 the same day
Even better, in terms of contraceptive coverage - taking a missed one when noticed and then one normally is what you're supposed to do.
Reply 4
Original post by unprinted
Even better, in terms of contraceptive coverage - taking a missed one when noticed and then one normally is what you're supposed to do.

So the time doesn't matter as much as long as it wasn't different by over 12 hours? because I took the later one at 23:30pm when before I'd been taking them at 7pm so that's a difference of 4 hours.

Quick Reply

Latest