The Student Room Group

HELP :( really upset over male friend

So one of my friends said he wants to be more than friends, but doesn't want a relationship right now. So I said I do like him, but I'm not on the same level as him then, as I want more and I can't give him just sex. So he said he respects it and won't bring it up again. However, he sent me a picture of him in the shower today... I could see his top half naked. I feel like he is trying to provoke me and make me change my mind by thinking of him naked. I don't know how to confront him I thought he cared for me but it doesn't seem like he does. :frown: What do I do and say to him?
Probably the best thing you could do would be to 'play it cool' i.e. stay calm and maybe reply commenting he looks nice, but you're still not interested. If he persists then just ignore him, and definitely don't feel pressured to do anything you're not comfortable with :smile:.
Finally, don't worry too much about it as you'll just wear yourself out.

Hope this helps and everything works out ok :h:.
I think he sounds like he's after one thing and is being selfish to be honest. You should probably ask him why he's doing something like that after you've said you're not comfortable with it. In no way is he respecting you or your decision. Maybe it is worth questioning if he actually cares about you because he's obviously not very considerate of your feelings. if it turns out that he doesn't care, then you're miles better off without him tbh. Seems like a little boy who's playing games. hope you're okay sweetheart.
Reply 3
Original post by courtneywxxd
I think he sounds like he's after one thing and is being selfish to be honest. You should probably ask him why he's doing something like that after you've said you're not comfortable with it. In no way is he respecting you or your decision. Maybe it is worth questioning if he actually cares about you because he's obviously not very considerate of your feelings. if it turns out that he doesn't care, then you're miles better off without him tbh. Seems like a little boy who's playing games. hope you're okay sweetheart.

He is being selfish because he know she I find him attractive. I feel like he's taking advantage of that.
Original post by Anonymous
He is being selfish because he know she I find him attractive. I feel like he's taking advantage of that.

definitely, you deserve much better than that.
lol he just wants to shag you.
Reply 6
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol he just wants to shag you.

Yeah I think that's pretty obvious. I'm just hurt because I thought me and him were good friends.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I think that's pretty obvious. I'm just hurt because I thought me and him were good friends.

He's probably just really close minded and oblivious to how it makes you feel. If you tell him how you feel about it and he still does it then he isn't your friend.

He's trying to get a friend with benefits. He's prob sending the same pic to multiple girls lol.
Reply 8
Original post by ChickenMadness
He's probably just really close minded and oblivious to how it makes you feel. If you tell him how you feel about it and he still does it then he isn't your friend.

He's trying to get a friend with benefits. He's prob sending the same pic to multiple girls lol.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he'd sent it to not just me. I think I'm just going to ignore him from now.
Yeah you want more than just that and he probably doesn't. Just let him know politely that you don't like that and you've told him what you want. Since he doesn't want anything more, it would be better if he doesn't send you stuff like that. Don't let him change your mind or provoke you cuz you know what he wants unless you want it too.
Original post by Amina190
Yeah you want more than just that and he probably doesn't. Just let him know politely that you don't like that and you've told him what you want. Since he doesn't want anything more, it would be better if he doesn't send you stuff like that. Don't let him change your mind or provoke you cuz you know what he wants unless you want it too.

I've told him that I don't want anything with him apart from friends. It seems to have hurt him though and he is asking what I want because he really wants me. I don't really know what to say to him now...
Just ignore him. He'll get the message.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending