The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by nluc88
Working hard, saving money, working in nightclubs, go out and about more often. Visiting central London regularly, joined tinder, dating sites.

Right so let's say you meet a nice girl when you go out. What do you do?
Reply 801
You've just said that I'm average looking. Average is slightly above ugly. So surgery is needed to make myself look good.
Reply 802
Original post by UWS
Right so let's say you meet a nice girl when you go out. What do you do?

Converse, ask for her number. That is how my friends got their gf's.
Original post by nluc88
You've just said that I'm average looking. Average is slightly above ugly. So surgery is needed to make myself look good.

Are you genuinely being serious? The reason you don't have a girlfriend is because you just look for attention.
Reply 804
Original post by nluc88
Converse, ask for her number. That is how my friends got their gf's.

Okay good, what do you talk about?

and do you get numbers?
Reply 805
Original post by Friffinghell
800 posts of people telling you otherwise. But yeah- go ahead get all the surgery.

This is just a car crash.

You can't make that assessment, you can only judge when you see the results.
Original post by nluc88
You can't make that assessment, you can only judge when you see the results.

Dude just go out and get with any girl that is up for it! You need to improve your confidence not your looks.

The only way to improve your confidence is through experience.
Original post by Zaradavidson
The reason you don't have a girlfriend is because you just look for attention.

Stepping in here as I'm in same position as OP. He's done a lot in the last year or so to improve his situation, and it hasn't worked for him. I'm sure as a result of his experiences his confidence / self-esteem has improved naturally. That said, no girl is going to notice this if they don't give him the time of day to begin with.

There's no arrow pointing at his head saying "This is a confident one. Date him".

Original post by The_Mediocre_One
The only way to improve your confidence is through experience.

What if he can't get that confidence? It's a catch-22. He can't get experience because he's (allegedly) not confident enough, but he can't get confidence without experience.

What are you pointing out, exactly?
It is a tricky situation, the reality is the only way is just being fearless, just approach as many girls as possible and don't consider rejection as some sort of failure, eventually you'll find a girl that thinks you're alright.
Of course, but everyone should be doing that really. It's a part of life, especially if you wish to achieve much with the time you're given and reach your full potential. Thing is, he could keep doing that but it may not bring him any further.

Maybe, maybe not. There's no guarantees, but I'd like to think it would happen. Then again, the pessimistic in me thinks won't he have missed out on quite a lot of dating experience / sex / experiences of love that could potentially have happened earlier in his life?
Are you genuinely being serious? The reason you don't have a girlfriend is because you just look for attention.

I think this thread has descended into attention seeking tbf.

However, I also feel the need to point out that the "male experience" in this area of life is something many girls struggle to grasp. For a girl to have absolutely no options with the opposite sex she would have to a have some pretty serious "defects". For guys it can be a case of very fine margins between success and complete failure. It is possible to have many attractive qualities but still not attract the opposite sex.

It can be uniquely confusing and frustrating.
(edited 6 years ago)
I don't know about anyone else but if a guy told me he watches anime, I really wouldn't be interested. Also, with the fighting job too. I don't know but that's just my opinion as a female - and you're not ugly!!

I knew someone was going to say Zac Efron 😂 But no, he wouldn't be someone I'd want to grow old with because we wouldn't have the same interests, it would be very boring

Is this serious? xDDDD You'd let a guy go because he watches anime? You'll judge his entire personality??? Everything he could possibly be interested in? You'll ignore the fact that he may be the most interesting person on the planet AND watches anime??? You'll ignore the fact that anime may not even be as dogshit or boring as you think?? You'll ignore all of that because "I dont like anime"???

I don't know if you're awfully judgmental or just plain narrow sighted but wow.....I doubt you've even watched a single episode of a single anime too...but wow....what a person.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this entire thread is a mass of idiocy.

The OP's perspective is that girlfriend's come to good looking guys and good looking guys only.

Let's even ignore the fact that almost everyone has said he isn't ugly.
Let's even ignore the fact that the OP is reeking of self-pity and desperation.
Let's even ignore the fact that the OP is generalizing every single female.

I have one question for the OP. Ignoring your looks, taking into account your personality, outlook on life, wealth, interests, humour, fitness, job, and ignoring everything above.

Do you have the kind of traits you would look for in a partner?

Now let's ADD IN the fact that you're an average looking guy who is exuding an aura of self-pity and worthlessness. Let's add in the fact that you approach females expecting to fail.

Do you want a girl like that? Do you want a girl with all of your traits? The ones you can and can't change?

Don't expect anyone to settle for what you wouldn't settle for.

Stop being so goddamned whiny. You are literally the cause of your own problem. The only thing that sets you apart from any male I have ever met, from any male on this site is how whiny you're being.

You have had 2 years of constant, consistent advice.

You have been told over and over what girls look for.

You have been told over and over you aren't ugly.

You've been told over and over that you need to talk to girls, and goddamit I mean talk to them. I can only think of one scenario in my life where a girl liked me because of my looks and not my personality.

My girlfriend is gorgeous and I'm average. Slightly above average if I'm being perfectly honest. But my girlfriend is the type of girl that gets dozens of dm's after posting a normal selfie on instagram. Everyone has said she's too good for me, but everyone has been referring to looks.

I'm not gloating, but I'm not pushing you down either. Going up to a girl and randomly asking for her number? Stupid. She knows any and everything you could possibly try.

I'm not asking you to try and be some James Bond kinda slick, conversationalist either.

Just be bloody down to earth. Don't try to flirt with her, it won't work. Don't try to woo her or make her attracted to you. Just have a normal conversati -

Wait.

Do you have any female friends?

Have you ever talked to a female without trying to stick your dick in them?

Do you have ANY relationship, with a female, that is not compulsory?

If you can't walk...why are you trying to run?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Manuster
Is this serious? xDDDD You'd let a guy go because he watches anime? You'll judge his entire personality??? Everything he could possibly be interested in? You'll ignore the fact that he may be the most interesting person on the planet AND watches anime??? You'll ignore the fact that anime may not even be as dogshit or boring as you think?? You'll ignore all of that because "I dont like anime"???

I don't know if you're awfully judgmental or just plain narrow sighted but wow.....I doubt you've even watched a single episode of a single anime too...but wow....what a person.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The OP's perspective is that girlfriend's come to good looking guys and good looking guys only.

I have one question for the OP. Ignoring your looks, taking into account your personality, outlook on life, wealth, interests, humour, fitness, job, and ignoring everything above.

Now let's ADD IN the fact that you're an average looking guy who is exuding an aura of self-pity and worthlessness. Let's add in the fact that you approach females expecting to fail.

Do you want a girl like that? Do you want a girl with all of your traits? The ones you can and can't change?

Stop being so goddamned whiny. You are literally the cause of your own problem. The only thing that sets you apart from any male I have ever met, from any male on this site is how whiny you're being.

You've been told over and over that you need to talk to girls, and goddamit I mean talk to them. I can only think of one scenario in my life where a girl liked me because of my looks and not my personality.

My girlfriend is gorgeous and I'm average. Slightly above average if I'm being perfectly honest. But my girlfriend is the type of girl that gets dozens of dm's after posting a normal selfie on instagram. Everyone has said she's too good for me, but everyone has been referring to looks.

I'm not gloating, but I'm not pushing you down either. Going up to a girl and randomly asking for her number? Stupid. She knows any and everything you could possibly try.

I'm not asking you to try and be some James Bond kinda slick, conversationalist either.

Just be bloody down to earth. Don't try to flirt with her, it won't work. Don't try to woo her or make her attracted to you. Just have a normal conversati -

Wait.

Anime is awesome. People don't give it a chance. The story is detailed and so are the drawings.
Reply 816
No I think fighting is fine but I just don't think I'd be interested in someone that does it as a career instead of a hobby.
He's a bouncer. He applies his fighting skills to his job. I thought women liked tough athletic guys who can protect them. I guess that was all horse$h!t then?

But at the end of the day it's about your personality and who you are as a person - I'm just saying from my perspective as a female but this would be completely different for another female. Maybe I'm just really judgemental. 😂
What's wrong with his personality exactly?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 817

Do people really say she's too good for you? How do you react to that? I'd be pissed if someone called me ugly.

Wait.

fuk anime

Wait.

It is 'dogshit' and boring

Latest

Trending

Trending