The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by babsxox
god i wish i was fat tbh, it sucks only being 9 stone and 1.75m high

You wish? ***** you cant even see your toes let alone touch them. Your neck is non existent
Original post by TheCompStudent
***** you're 18 months pregnant. You eat cake for breakfast

ok, too far.
Original post by babsxox
Also I love how Sparks aka Comp/Godofdestruction decided to derail this thread like how pathetic are they tho

at least you said 'they' not 'you' you've admitted we are 3 separate beings.
Original post by Godofdestruction
When you came onto my thread HOE your nothing but a lonely isolated **** splosh your mad because daddy never hugged you and mummy was busy with uncle Bob in the back garden You wanna roast bring it on *****!

Maybe this is why so many young people have depression, jussa thought
Original post by DrawTheLine
Yeah I've tried but whenever I try and say something he interrupts, shouting and ranting at me about it. So I'm just not bothering any more because I can't get a word in.

This is why I opened the thread ignore that ******** I'm sorry to hear about that.
This is why I opened the thread ignore that ******** I'm sorry to hear about that.

I don't feel like this is the place for me to be expressing my problems so don't apologise. Carry on attacking each other, have fun.
I don't feel like this is the place for me to be expressing my problems so don't apologise. Carry on attacking each other, have fun.

I'm sorry about that I hope you have good fortune solving your problems. Best wishes

sorry mate, hope you recover. I recommend meditation and mindfulness to improve your condition. :smile:
well, babsxox is gone, so I guess we won!
Original post by Sparks17
well, babsxox is gone, so I guess we won!

hell yeah!
More competition than ever before
More materialistic than ever before
Less religious than ever before
More uncertain about our futures than ever before
Original post by Guru Jason
Because it's hip/trendy thing to say you have it. My guess and it's only a guess, is that a large minority of teens who say they are depressed actually arent but are attention seekers. Unfortunately this detracts from real depression cases and wastes valuable resources in helping those who truly need it.

Unfortunately this is very true...
What makes you think there's more depressed people now than before? Get this bullsh*t outta here, young people sure love to cry about anything
Original post by Zxyn
lack of hope due to politics (growing up in the 00’s we were given huge hope with New Labour, something this country has been lacking since 2008

I'm unsure where this huge hope with New Labour has come from. New Labour was about the style of government combined with higher public spending rather than any radical change in policy from the previous Conservative administration. Looking back New Labour achieved surprisingly little during their 13 years in office after factoring out wars in Iraq and Afghanistan; the war on terror; and massive public debt. In some respects Blair was lucky to be around when the economy was good but once his cheesy grin had disappeared from the nation's TV screens and the economy turned for the worse then New Labour had little to offer the electorate because its policies were barely any different from the Conservatives. Messrs Cameron and Osborne may have governed Britain badly and kicked the stuffing out of the younger generation, but in 2010 and 2015 why would voters want the photocopy when the original was available?
People here saying young people today are expected to do more and are under more stress need to read a history book. Jeez, not helping the snowflake stereotype.
Recently in school we had a whole thing about depression and how it effects young people. I can understand why some people get depressed but can anybody offer me some insight on why it effects so many young people?

I have started to feel depressed because I have anxiety and not very many friends. I sometimes feel that nobody cares about me and I have also contemplated if it is worth going on.
Original post by Tom K16
I have started to feel depressed because I have anxiety and not very many friends. I sometimes feel that nobody cares about me and I have also contemplated if it is worth going on.

It is please don't give up. I promise that through all the rough times and all the bad, ugly and evil there will still be a reason for going on friends can come into your life at any time, If you need to speak to someone please contact a service that can help places like child-line are open 24/7 you don't have to give up people are out there to help you
Original post by zyzzyspirit
What makes you think there's more depressed people now than before? Get this bullsh*t outta here, young people sure love to cry about anything

That's why I asked I didn't know enough about it myself
society expectations,school expectations,your expectations,parents expectations
Because it's trendy. Also because hormones make you moody and doctors love to dish out citalopram like its candy so all these kids go into adulthood thinking there's something wrong with them and they're dependant on medication. (Obviously I realise mental health issues are incredibly serious and benefit from treatment, I just wish the NHS focused more on alternative forms of therapy such as CBT)

Latest

Trending

Trending