The Student Room Group

How do I get predicted grades if I'm resitting without attending my sixth form

So I did my A-Levels, taking a gap year but also I'm resitting two of my subjects. How will I get predicted grades, or do I even need them for ucas.
Original post by AlexandriaH
So I did my A-Levels, taking a gap year but also I'm resitting two of my subjects. How will I get predicted grades, or do I even need them for ucas.

Who will be providing your reference?

They'll be asked to provide predictions (or will be able to state that they're unable to make predictions) - so you need to talk to them about whether they're willing to predict grades for you.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Who will be providing your reference?

They'll be asked to provide predictions (or will be able to state that they're unable to make predictions) - so you need to talk to them about whether they're willing to predict grades for you.

My old form tutor, so would they just use my information on the school system or make their own predictions?
Original post by AlexandriaH
My old form tutor, so would they just use my information on the school system or make their own predictions?

It's up to them - you need to speak to them about it.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
It's up to them - you need to speak to them about it.

OK, thank you!
They also might take your achieved grades into consideration. Your target grades this year might go off any assessments or coursework you've done this year? I don't know how informal your agreement with the Sixth Form is - are you doing any assessment or are you only going to b in for the examinations?

My old Sixth Form would only predict one grade higher than what was achieved the first time around. So if for instance, you achieved a grade C in your A Level, my Sixth Form would predict a B for your resit. Does that make sense?

Good luck with it all! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending