The Student Room Group

Could I get an unconditional offer ?

I have achieved 10 A*-A grades at GCSE, I achieved grades ABBB in AS level and have been predicted A*A*A for A Levels. I am applying to study computer science (Bsc) at:

UCL - A*AA
Kings - AAB
Loughborough-ABB
Surrey - ABB

And one more university

What are the chances of any of my places applied offering me an unconditional ( with a very good personal statement ) ?
Reply 1
I'm sure one of them will give you an unconditional, the only thing is that you have applied to very good universities in which getting into is very competitive, so they might not want to give out many/any unconditional offers.
Reply 2
Original post by Goeke
I'm sure one of them will give you an unconditional, the only thing is that you have applied to very good universities in which getting into is very competitive, so they might not want to give out many/any unconditional offers.

Do you know the chance of me getting offers from them universities in general ?
Reply 3
Original post by Abdi moham
Do you know the chance of me getting offers from them universities in general ?

Well, if you are expected to get the grades that the course requires (in your case you are predicted higher), then you are highly likely to get an offer, especially with a good PS :smile: The likelihood of an unconditional offer is a little more uncommon, however what many universities do is give you a conditional offer based on your grades, but they will give you an unconditional offer if you make that uni your firm choice.
You have no chance getting an unconditional from Loughborough however, they do not make unconditional offers, it is their policy
Reply 4
Original post by Avaia
Well, if you are expected to get the grades that the course requires (in your case you are predicted higher), then you are highly likely to get an offer, especially with a good PS :smile: The likelihood of an unconditional offer is a little more uncommon, however what many universities do is give you a conditional offer based on your grades, but they will give you an unconditional offer if you make that uni your firm choice.
You have no chance getting an unconditional from Loughborough however, they do not make unconditional offers, it is their policy

Thank you very muchhhh !!!
Reply 5
I have a friend who got an unconditional at Nottingham with GCSE grades like that and he's in his first year now :biggrin: make that your fifth i'd say
Reply 6
I have achieved 10 A*-A grades at GCSE, I achieved grades ABBB in AS level and have been predicted A*A*A for A Levels. I am applying to study computer science (Bsc) at:

UCL - A*AA
Kings - AAB
Loughborough-ABB
Surrey - ABB

And one more university

What are the chances of any of my places applied offering me an unconditional ( with a very good personal statement ) ?

Universities that are pretty competitive ones don't usually give unconditional offers unless you have at least some of your grades already confirmed because they can't know if you will be able to achieve those predicted grades. If it's something lower rates and they generally have trouble filling up spaces, then they give unconditionals quite a lot

UCL - A*AA
Kings - AAB
Loughborough-ABB
Surrey - ABB

And one more university

I've received an unconditional if form from Nottingham with a similar profile to yours, and I know that surrey's been doing them this year so I'd think so :smile: however if you have a top choice remember not to be too swayed by any you might receive :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by CompSci2018
I've received an unconditional if form from Nottingham with a similar profile to yours, and I know that surrey's been doing them this year so I'd think so :smile: however if you have a top choice remember not to be too swayed by any you might receive :biggrin:

Thank you very much because I feel like if I believe I can get into universities such as Warwick I shouldn't limit myself by firming an unconditional from a university such as Surrey/Nottingham ( no offense to them they're great universities but I prefer Warwick ).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending