The Student Room Group

Intermitting

Hello,

I am intermitting due to depression. This will be my 4th year but I have been advised by my tutors to take a year out due to my health. I have been told I will only be able to get funded for redoing my 4th year if I get a doctor's note. I wondered how much detail they would need to go into in order for me to get funded for this year? I phoned student finance yesterday about this problem and the person I spoke to said I would be able to be funded if I get this note.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Original post by Lauren49
Hello,

I am intermitting due to depression. This will be my 4th year but I have been advised by my tutors to take a year out due to my health. I have been told I will only be able to get funded for redoing my 4th year if I get a doctor's note. I wondered how much detail they would need to go into in order for me to get funded for this year? I phoned student finance yesterday about this problem and the person I spoke to said I would be able to be funded if I get this note.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Hi Lauren49,

When applying for compelling personal reasons, we recommend the evidence -

is signed and dated;

confirms the reason why the student could not continue with their studies; and

when this took place

Photocopies of all evidence can be accepted, the letter must confirm as much information as possible.

Thanks

Katie
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Lauren49,

When applying for compelling personal reasons, we recommend the evidence -

is signed and dated;

confirms the reason why the student could not continue with their studies; and

when this took place

Photocopies of all evidence can be accepted, the letter must confirm as much information as possible.

Thanks

Katie

My doctor wrote down 'low mood' and 'self doubt' as symptoms of depression, they also prescribed me antidepressants. Will this be enough?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Lauren49
My doctor wrote down 'low mood' and 'self doubt' as symptoms of depression, they also prescribed me antidepressants. Will this be enough?

Hi Lauren49,

I would suggest you send the evidence that you have and it will be reviewed on a case by case basis by an assesor . If it is not sufficient evidence you would be advised and can submit further evidence for your Compelling personal reasons (CPR).

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending