The Student Room Group

Eligibility

1-I am a daughter of a refugee. I joind my father under family reuinon law on 25/12/2013 when I first arrived in the UK.
2- I was given visa untill 8/5/2017 .
3- I and my family all applied for my settlement before my visa expired. the applications are under process .
4- we received an aknowledgment letter from the Home Office stating that we all our rights are valid during the processing time of our applications.
5- I recived offer for the uni to start in Sep 2017.
6- I applied for Student Fincance and provided all the document that I had including the Home Office aknowledgment letter.
7- unfortunatley my application for stuent finance was refused.
8- however, according to www.gov.co.uk the refugees are entitle to recieve Student Finance. also those who have been in UK for more than 3 years. therefore, as I have been living in UK for more than 3 years and 9 months and as I am a daughter of a refugee I thnin I am entitled for Student Finance.

9- I have the right to make an appeal against the decision made by SFE. Would you please help to sort the acured problem

Regards
Original post by Hawra3903
1-I am a daughter of a refugee. I joind my father under family reuinon law on 25/12/2013 when I first arrived in the UK.
2- I was given visa untill 8/5/2017 .
3- I and my family all applied for my settlement before my visa expired. the applications are under process .
4- we received an aknowledgment letter from the Home Office stating that we all our rights are valid during the processing time of our applications.
5- I recived offer for the uni to start in Sep 2017.
6- I applied for Student Fincance and provided all the document that I had including the Home Office aknowledgment letter.
7- unfortunatley my application for stuent finance was refused.
8- however, according to www.gov.co.uk the refugees are entitle to recieve Student Finance. also those who have been in UK for more than 3 years. therefore, as I have been living in UK for more than 3 years and 9 months and as I am a daughter of a refugee I thnin I am entitled for Student Finance.

9- I have the right to make an appeal against the decision made by SFE. Would you please help to sort the acured problem

Regards

Hi Hawra3903,

Thanks for all the information. As we don't have access to individual accounts here can I ask what was the reason given for refusing your application?

Thanks,

Stuart
Reply 2
Thank you for your prompt reply.
They gave the following reason:
You do not meet the below criteria:
'Aged 18 years of age or above and have lived in the UK for at least half your life or at least 20 years before the first day of the first academic year of your course.'

Regards

Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi Hawra3903,

Thanks for all the information. As we don't have access to individual accounts here can I ask what was the reason given for refusing your application?

Thanks,

Stuart
Thank you for your prompt reply.
They gave the following reason:
You do not meet the below criteria:
'Aged 18 years of age or above and have lived in the UK for at least half your life or at least 20 years before the first day of the first academic year of your course.'

Regards

Hi Hawra3903,

Thank you for the answers. I suspect it is to do with your current status in the UK.

You noted that your visa expired on the 8th of May 2017 the application for 'settlement' was made before this date. What kind of visa was it and what is your current status in the UK?

Thanks,

Stuart
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Thank tou for your reply'
1) initially I was granted visa under family reunion ' visa ODR-LLE to join/ACC Parents' -
2) my visa expired on 8/5/2017,
3) I applied for settlement along with the rest of my family.
4) The decisions haven't been made yet (our applications are under process)
5) currently , according to the Home Office aknowledgment letter my rights are valide during the processing time of my application for settlement

Regards

Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi Hawra3903,

Thank you for the answers. I suspect it is to do with your current status in the UK.

You noted that your visa expired on the 8th of May 2017 the application for 'settlement' was made before this date. What kind of visa was it and what is your current status in the UK?

Thanks,

Stuart
Thank tou for your reply'
1) initially I was granted visa under family reunion ' visa ODR-LLE to join/ACC Parents' -
2) my visa expired on 8/5/2017,
3) I applied for settlement along with the rest of my family.
4) The decisions haven't been made yet (our applications are under process)
5) currently , according to the Home Office aknowledgment letter my rights are valide during the processing time of my application for settlement

Regards

Hi Hawra3903,

Given the specific nature of your query I would advise giving us a call on 0300 100 0607.

One of our advisors would be able to have a look at your account and discuss the situation with you.

Regards,

Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending