The Student Room Group

can i wear hijab and be pretty?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I am not responsible for you extracting a meaning from something that clearly wasn’t there. Yes it is, the general purpose of the hijab is to hide and lessen a woman’s attractiveness. You need to do your research if you think otherwise.

The Hijab does not hide and lessens a women's attractiveness rather does the opposite.

I think its you that needs to do the research?
Original post by soIiIoquy
I'm sure majority of hijab-wearers felt the same way after reading your response.

I've done my research, don't worry.

No evidence for that statement and still doesn’t mean that what you thought was there actually was.
No evidence for that statement and still doesn’t mean that what you thought was there actually was.

There doesn't need to be evidence for that , it's blatantly obvious that you're making one feel bad for wearing it. Ask OP and see what she thinks about it because I can guarantee she would feel the same way I did.

Do you really require evidence for everything? Seriously its time one opens their minds up and realise that not everything has to depend upon evidence ALL the time.
There doesn't need to be evidence for that , it's blatantly obvious that you're making one feel bad for wearing it. Ask OP and see what she thinks about it because I can guarantee she would feel the same way I did.

Of course there does and no, it isn’t blatantly obvious. And once again, that has absolutely no bearing on my comment, as I never said or implied that the reason hijabis put on the hijab is because they’re naturally ugly.
Original post by MiszShortee786
The Hijab does not hide and lessens a women's attractiveness rather does the opposite.

Trust me,

some people need to stop making false statements on this thread.

False, looks like you need to research too. A woman’s hair is considered to be part of her beauty and thus it is covered to supposedly lessen this and thus avert “perverted” stares and attention.
Of course there does and no, it isn’t blatantly obvious. And once again, that has absolutely no bearing on my comment, as I never said or implied that the reason hijabis put on the hijab is because they’re naturally ugly.

Yes it is "blatantly obvious." You don't need evidence for EVERYTHING.

Well some woman/girl may have got the wrong idea by such a statement. They may have felt the way I felt.

Just get off this thread mate, your place and statements are not needed here.
Yes it is "blatantly obvious." You don't need evidence for EVERYTHING.

Well some woman/girl may have got the wrong idea by such a statement. They may have felt the way I felt.

Just get off this thread mate, your place and statements are not needed here.

No, it isn’t blatantly obvious. If you’re going to make that claim then prove it. I repeat, my post didn’t say what you claim it does and I have all day to go round and round in circles.

No, I will not go anywhere and you’re in no position to tell people where they can and can’t post.
(edited 6 years ago)
False, looks like you need to research too. A woman’s hair is considered to be part of her beauty and thus it is covered to supposedly lessen this and thus avert “perverted” states and attention.

Why are diamonds hidden? Because they are special kind of stone. Just like a Muslim women. Hence covering their pride which is their hair but they are doing it for the pleasure of Allah.(no I do not require evidence to back this up.)

Only evidence required is common sense- that isnt even common nowadays.

If you get the above statement then you would know what I am talking about. If you dont than i chat rubbish like you.
(edited 6 years ago)
No, it isn’t blatantly obvious. If you’re going to make that claim then prove it. I repeat, my post didn’t say what you claim it does and I have all day to go round and round in circles.

No, I will not go anywhere and you’re in no position to tell people where they can and can’t post.

And you're in no position to make one feel bad just for wearing something that takes a lot of courage and practice. If you understood the reality of wearing the hijab, then you wouldn't have made that comment in the first place.
Reply 151
Lots of girls wear hijab and look beautiful
yes you can wear the hijab and still be pretty. i think the hijab itself is beautiful.
The whole point of the hijab is to hide someone's supposed beauty and make them look unattractive and/or unappealing.

@PlantagenetCrown @Solilolquy
(edited 6 years ago)
I find girls with hijabs pretty, albeit if they wear it properly.
I would personally say that hijab represents purity and is an automatic form of respect? You can be beautiful with it on yet you're probably not going to be told ( youre attractive) because hijab makes you less approachable in that sense... which is not necesarily bad?
So a woman can’t be modest without wearing the hijab?

Did I say that? Wearing a hijab is a method for this (as described in Islam) , there can be other methods but that's up to you..
And you're in no position to make one feel bad just for wearing something that takes a lot of courage and practice. If you understood the reality of wearing the hijab, then you wouldn't have made that comment in the first place.

I am in no such position. You are choosing to take offence from something that I haven't even said. I repeat, you don't need to wear the hijab to know what its purpose is and to comment on it.

Why are diamonds hidden? Because they are special kind of stone. Just like a Muslim women. Hence covering their pride which is their hair but they are doing it for the pleasure of Allah.(no I do not require evidence to back this up.)

Only evidence required is common sense- that isnt even common nowadays.

What a terrible, terrible analogy, and no doubt one that you pulled straight from Islamic propaganda sites or Youtube videos, as it can't be a coincidence that countless Muslims before you on this site have used the exact same example, along with the "the hijab wraps a woman up like a sweet" comparison. Unfortunately for you, it is highly flawed:

1) First of all, in what world do you live in where diamonds are "hidden"? They are on display everywhere, from jewellery shops, to engagement rings, to crowns worn in public ceremonies by monarchs.

2) Second, women are not objects and so if you thought you were making a good point by comparing them to diamonds then you are sorely mistaken.

3) By use of your diamond analogy, you are implying that beautiful things need to be hidden and are thus agreeing with my point that the hijab is to hide and conceal "beauty".

4) And as we're on the topic of valuable material objects, publicly displaying them does not necessarily cause their value to decrease. People publicly display expensive clothes, cars, houses, paintings, jewellery, watches etc. etc. etc.

If you get the above statement then you would know what I am talking about. If you dont than i chat rubbish like you.

With all due respect, you're hardly in a position to accuse others of talking rubbish considering you've come out with gems (yes, pun intended), such as "if Allah doesn't exist then who controls the weather?" and saying that scientific explanations for weather systems are “ridiculous".
(edited 6 years ago)
I am in no such position. You are choosing to take offence from something that I haven't even said. I repeat, you don't need to wear the hijab to know what its purpose is and to comment on it.

What a terrible, terrible analogy, and no doubt one that you pulled straight from Islamic propaganda sites or Youtube videos, as it can't be a coincidence that countless Muslims before you on this site have used the exact same example, along with the "the hijab wraps a woman up like a sweet" comparison. Unfortunately for you, it is highly flawed:

1) First of all, in what world do you live in where diamonds are "hidden"? They are on display everywhere, from jewellery shops, to engagement rings, to crowns worn in public ceremonies by monarchs.

2) Second, women are not objects and so if you thought you were making a good point by comparing them to diamonds then you are sorely mistaken.

3) By use of your diamond analogy, you are implying that beautiful things need to be hidden and are thus agreeing with my point that the hijab is to hide and conceal "beauty".

4) And as we're on the topic of valuable material objects, publicly displaying them does not necessarily cause their value to decrease. People publicly display expensive clothes, cars, houses, paintings, jewellery, watches etc. etc. etc.

With all due respect, you're hardly in a position to accuse others of talking rubbish considering you've come out with gems (yes, pun intended), such as "if Allah doesn't exist then who controls the weather?" and saying that a scientific explanation for weather systems was "ridiculous".

I am a muslim and yet agree with most of your argument. The diamond/sweet analogy is pathetic and reeks of ignorance.

Indeed, the hijab's purpose is to hide the hair which by proxy does, for lack of a better term, decrease attractiveness at a superficial level. However, to some Muslim men a hijab may make a woman appear more beautiful since it implies that such a woman is modest and practices Islam - which are characteristics seen as desirable.
(edited 6 years ago)
@PlantagenetCrown @Solilolquy

And your purpose in quoting that was what exactly? Soliloquy claimed I said that hijabis wear the hijab because they are naturally ugly. That post of mine you quoted says no such thing, so if anything you’re backing my point!

Also, that person you tagged isn’t my account.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending