The Student Room Group

Do you feel like an adult at 17?

Does anyone who's 17 on tsr feel like an adult? Sometimes I do but most of the time I don't. Tbh I don't even look like one as I'm small for my age and have been told I look 12.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone who's 17 on tsr feel like an adult? Sometimes I do but most of the time I don't. Tbh I don't even look like one as I'm small for my age and have been told I look 12.

No. While im still at sixth form I will always feel like a child. When I start university then I will feel like an adult
Reply 2
I'm 18 and still feel about 13 :redface:
Reply 3
When you're young you definitely feel like you're on top of the world. But now that I am 23, working, and living alone, I can say that upon further reflection I was pretty much still a kid when I was 17. :wink:
I'm mature but I'm still a child if ygm?
I’m 21 but I act like a 12 year old.
Yeah, it even sucks being born in August (3rd Youngest in the year)
At 17 I feel like an old child, but not an adult. Like I don't view myself as a little school kid anymore, yet I don't view myself as a fully responsible adult. My friends who are 18 I do not view any different, even though a lot of them drive and are basically adults I still view them as children.
Im 17 but I feel younger, I think I'll feel older when I go to uni? It's like being stuck between child and adult :/
-18 equals teen/child to me.

Original post by Anonymous
nah i feel like a mess not an adult
i feel like an adult, infact sometimes i feel like a middle aged man.
I don't feel like an adult at 35
Not at all, I hate it lool. Most of my (16-18 year old) friends are very mature and have had sex and like partying, alcohol, cigarettes etc. Me? I mean I'll have a drink every now and then but I miss the good old easy days when you'd just come home from school (not snotty sixth form college), get a snack, talk with ur friends and family...and spend the weekends watching movies or at a friend's house instead of shooting cocaine loool so yh
Reply 14
I still feel like a child.

I think most adults still have no ******* clue what they are doing with their lives tbh...
I’m 20 and don’t feel like an adult

Sometimes I go to ask my parents if I can go out or go on holiday and then remember I don’t have to ask anymore.
nah still a kid
I'm 89 and I feel like I'm 10
Reply 18
21 and when I go home I feel like such a kid.
I’m 20 and still act like a kid, this thing doesn’t stop

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending