The Student Room Group

Would you ever have a relationship with someone outside your race?

Scroll to see replies

Black, white and asian aren't ethnicities.
They are racial categories. You also didn't mention an ethnicity once.
Care to speak out?
Reply 21
Currently dating someone outside my race (I'm black, she's Chinese).
Yes. In some cases I might actually prefer it
I would
Chinese isn't an ethnicity.
You're right.
But stop showing your ignorance.
You said south asians, chinese people are east asian.

But explain why you don't think most black and south asian girls are attractive. Because you are also showing your racism.
You are avoiding my question
Yes, all my relationships have been a different race to me. I love it and the diversity and learning about different cultures.
I'm not a SJW but I will not let you be racist and spread your ignorance on a public forum. I've reported you.
I would get with any race, although I have my preferences. I do find myself quite attracted to male African Americans
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by erratic_deus
I'm not a SJW but I will not let you be racist and spread your ignorance on a public forum. I've reported you.

https://tinyurl.com/ycav5zfs
Original post by Anonymous
As above.

(Just so we’re clear - it’s not racist to say that you wouldn’t... What you’re attracted does not mean you’re discriminatory against people)

Why are you anon ? :confused::confused:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It's literally discrimination.

It's no different as far as I'm concerned from preferring short women or tall guys or blonde or brown hair or... whatever. It's important to be attracted to your partner, if that means light skin or dark skin or whatever else doesn't appeal to you, it isn't inherently racist or discriminatory any more than most women preferring tall guys is.
My boyfriend is white French / Italian of Israeli descent.

Lol. We liked each other straight away.
Why not ?

Dont see why mixed race couples are such an issue in the UK
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by PlayWithMarkers
It's no different as far as I'm concerned from preferring short women or tall guys or blonde or brown hair or... whatever. It's important to be attracted to your partner, if that means light skin or dark skin or whatever else doesn't appeal to you, it isn't inherently racist or discriminatory any more than most women preferring tall guys is.

I'm willing to bet preferences to skin colour is largely a result of living in a culture with a lot fo racism, preferences get shaped by the culture you live in and suprise suprise the last few hundred years have been extremley racist.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I'm willing to bet preferences to skin colour is largely a result of living in a racist culture which shapes your preferences.

Why? I certainly didn't grow up in an even slightly racist culture, not even a hint of it, but my preferences tend to be short brunette white women. I understand it's hard to disentangle skin colour from ethnicity etc. but it's a physical feature as much as hair colour, height, weight, etc., I see no reason one should be inherently racist whilst the others are A-Okay.

You can’t possibly be serious.
Are you threatening me?
A person's race does not matter to me, whatever happens, happens.
Reply 38

Why’s it racist to have different preferences?
Reply 39
Original post by PlayWithMarkers
Why? I certainly didn't grow up in an even slightly racist culture, not even a hint of it, but my preferences tend to be short brunette white women. I understand it's hard to disentangle skin colour from ethnicity etc. but it's a physical feature as much as hair colour, height, weight, etc., I see no reason one should be inherently racist whilst the others are A-Okay.

The problem with your analysis is you have only taken one aspect of attraction (physical). A good proportion of people take on board stereotypes (e.g "black people are confrontational and aggressive") of different races before considering to date them. This can lead to discriminatory decision making both consciously and subconsciously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending