The Student Room Group

Where did I go wrong with my date?

Hi,

Will make this really simple. Went on a gay date last night, we had dinner followed by drinks etc. in 3 gay bars. The evening lasted about 4.5 hours which flew by and, despite not having the most in common, we never ran out of conversation.

I suggested on departure that I’d be interested in seeing him again and he said yes, but an hour later came back to a text saying the following:

Hey ___ was lovely meeting you too. I'm home now, you too let me know please :smile: I'll be honest with you though as I don't want to lead you on, unfortunately I didn't feel a spark, but you're a really sweet guy and I'm sure you'll find someone great very soon xx

We met on Tinder so he saw what I looked like prior and said I looked nice when I showed up (I commented back as he did too!).

Based on your limited knowledge of the evening, where would you suggest I went wrong? He was Arabic and spent a lot of the evening saying how much he generally hates British guys, which I felt was weird considering he knew I was before hand 😏
probably because he doesn't like british people
Reply 2
Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong, sometimes it just doesn't work. If anything he sounds like he isn't sure what he wants, it is pretty bad telling the British guy you are on a date with you don't like British guys...
Original post by Anonymous
He was Arabic

hun arabic is a language
Reply 4
Nothing.

If he didn't feel a spark, it meant he felt you two were not compatible in some way or another. What might have seemed like a good date to you, may not have been the same for him. Move on.

Chemistry is not something you can force. Even if you did know the specifics as to why he felt the way he did, behaving the same way with another guy could well result in a more positive outcome. Unless you were spewing your drink in his face but it's unlikely you did that.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending