The Student Room Group

A girl that I like

I think she’s really pretty and really kind but the trouble is I’m really shy and have acne scars and I think that will put her off me. I always wear smart clothes to college and attempt to make an effort despite the acne issue.

We both have similar music tastes and as soon as I met her I felt we clicked but I don’t know if she feels the same. I’ve never really felt this way about a girl before.

I just don’t know how to approach her?- I’ve never had a girlfriend or kissed anybody either soooo yeah the future looks great!

Any advice?

Thanks in advance
Study with her/talk to her/get to know her more and you will automatically know if she's into you .
The only way you'll know if she likes you back is by talking to her - just general chats, nothing too difficult. Does she seem interested in the conversation and laugh at your jokes? Does she initiate conversations with you?

If it seems like she is interested in you, maybe think about asking her to hang out, either alone or with friends. If you have the same music taste, maybe you could go to a concert together.

I know what an impact acne/acne scars can have on self esteem, but if she likes you as a person she probably won't care about that. I've liked and gotten with boys with acne, and it's never been an issue for me.

If you're shy you might be nervous about asking her out, but at the end of the day the worst that could happen is that she'll say no, and then at least you'll know for sure whether or not she's interested. And after all, the only way she can say yes is if you ask her.
Reply 3
Original post by iwouldn'tworry
The only way you'll know if she likes you back is by talking to her - just general chats, nothing too difficult. Does she seem interested in the conversation and laugh at your jokes? Does she initiate conversations with you?

If it seems like she is interested in you, maybe think about asking her to hang out, either alone or with friends. If you have the same music taste, maybe you could go to a concert together.

I know what an impact acne/acne scars can have on self esteem, but if she likes you as a person she probably won't care about that. I've liked and gotten with boys with acne, and it's never been an issue for me.

If you're shy you might be nervous about asking her out, but at the end of the day the worst that could happen is that she'll say no, and then at least you'll know for sure whether or not she's interested. And after all, the only way she can say yes is if you ask her.

Well she came over to me yesterday while I was ordering food then she had to go to a friend and she’s messaging me on Facebook for the last two days and she once out of the blue just said Hi to me (so she clearly likes me as a person)

Because of how the college timetable falls I don’t get much opportunity to speak to her but couple of weeks ago I just sat and talked to her and I loved that!

I’m also worried that she’ll tell everyone if I asked her out and worried what a couple of my mates will think
Its nearly Friday. Ask her to go to the pub/bar after you finish college. She will know its a date.

Shyness can be solved medically. See a dermatologist about your acne and get a blood test from your GP.
Reply 5
Original post by rickyrossman
Its nearly Friday. Ask her to go to the pub/bar after you finish college. She will know its a date.

Shyness can be solved medically. See a dermatologist about your acne and get a blood test from your GP.

I’m only 17 though.

I have been to the dermatologist and I don’t think my shyness is bad enough to medically combat the shyness.

Thanks though 😀
Original post by Anonymous
I’m only 17 though.

I have been to the dermatologist and I don’t think my shyness is bad enough to medically combat the shyness.

Thanks though 😀

You shouldn't be scared of approaching people... You're a 17 year old man, your body should be roaring with testosterone. :wink: Anxiety is more common in women than men. (I'm no doctor but its possibly due to different hormonal distribution)

Are you energetic or do you get tired easily?
Reply 7

Are you energetic or do you get tired easily?

Sort of in the middle of that
Sort of in the middle of that

In my experience mild fatigue correlates strongly with social anxiety.

If you become more energetic you won't worry about approaching people. What is your sleep/diet/exercise like? Make sure you get atleast 8-9 hours of sleep. Follow a healthy diet. Reduce alcohol. Increase exercise.
Reply 9
In my experience mild fatigue correlates strongly with social anxiety.

If you become more energetic you won't worry about approaching people. What is your sleep/diet/exercise like? Make sure you get atleast 8-9 hours of sleep. Follow a healthy diet. Reduce alcohol. Increase exercise.

Sleep is alright, I hardly drink

I could eat better (I am starting to improve my diet) I am exercising more, too.
Sleep is alright, I hardly drink

I could eat better (I am starting to improve my diet) I am exercising more, too.

Improve your diet and exercise. Be consistent. Give it 6 months to a year and you'll become more confident.

Aim for a 100kg bench, 140kg squat and 180kg deadlift. :wink:
Improve your diet and exercise. Be consistent. Give it 6 months to a year and you'll become more confident.

Aim for a 100kg bench, 140kg squat and 180kg deadlift. :wink:

Thanks for your help 😀
Thanks for your help 😀

Another tip:

When you get with girls you gotta make it clear you like her. You don't want to come across as a friend.

Having a red-blooded/muscle look really helps with that.
Another tip:

When you get with girls you gotta make it clear you like her. You don't want to come across as a friend.

Having a red-blooded/muscle look really helps with that.

Yeah, I suppose it would help...😀
Yeah, I suppose it would help...😀

Now you have no reason to be anxious. Approach her next time you see her. :smile:
Butters girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending