The Student Room Group

should I ask him out

So I like this guy a lot, we have a lot in common and we speak sort of regularly. He always seems happy to speak to me, but I'm not 100% sure he likes me in that way (you can't really be sure of that unless someone tells you explicitly, I guess). I'd say that I thinkkk he likes me because of the way he acts around me, he gives me compliments and stuff, he seems to try and talk to me/ be around me a bit (won't give details just in case he's on here haha). If he doesn't 'like' me, I'm sure that he does as a friend at least.

I was thinking of asking him if he wants to do something today, but in a sort of ambiguous way which could just be friendly and spontaneous rather than taken as anything like a date. I'm just worried that if he doesn't like me it could completely backfire, which would be awful as it would make it super awkward between us- very bad idea as he's friends with some of my friends and he's in a few of my classes at college.

Should I ask him ?? Or do the risks outweigh the potential gains ? Would it be a bit weird to ask him if he wants to do something when we've never hung out outside college before ?

thank you
You could suggest going out for grabbing a bite , or maybe accompany you to a movie. I guess, that should be ambiguous enough to work
Reply 2
Okay so I mean, I'm a guy too. Personally I'd say to go for it since you'll never know how it could've turned out otherwise. In the long run you'd think that it could ruin your friendship but it also depends on how you convey your feelings. Since you want to do something in an ambiguous way he'll probably realize to a certain extent. Let me also say that guys are usually clueless when it comes to these kind of things. If you start the conversation around this topic, it might help him to see how you feel as well as allow him to say his true feelings.
Original post by Anon1887
Okay so I mean, I'm a guy too. Personally I'd say to go for it since you'll never know how it could've turned out otherwise. In the long run you'd think that it could ruin your friendship but it also depends on how you convey your feelings. Since you want to do something in an ambiguous way he'll probably realize to a certain extent. Let me also say that guys are usually clueless when it comes to these kind of things. If you start the conversation around this topic, it might help him to see how you feel as well as allow him to say his true feelings.

Agreed , we are pretty damn clueless as to a girls feelings for us
Reply 4
Original post by Anon1887

Original post by abhinair3004
Agreed , we are pretty damn clueless as to a girls feelings for us

really ?? like you'd never guess somebody liked you unless they said it outright ? Do you ever guess somebody likes you from the way the act around you?
Original post by Anonymous
So I like this guy a lot, we have a lot in common and we speak sort of regularly. He always seems happy to speak to me, but I'm not 100% sure he likes me in that way (you can't really be sure of that unless someone tells you explicitly, I guess). I'd say that I thinkkk he likes me because of the way he acts around me, he gives me compliments and stuff, he seems to try and talk to me/ be around me a bit (won't give details just in case he's on here haha). If he doesn't 'like' me, I'm sure that he does as a friend at least.

I was thinking of asking him if he wants to do something today, but in a sort of ambiguous way which could just be friendly and spontaneous rather than taken as anything like a date. I'm just worried that if he doesn't like me it could completely backfire, which would be awful as it would make it super awkward between us- very bad idea as he's friends with some of my friends and he's in a few of my classes at college.

Should I ask him ?? Or do the risks outweigh the potential gains ? Would it be a bit weird to ask him if he wants to do something when we've never hung out outside college before ?

thank you

Definitely ask him to go out for a drink or whatever. If you already do that occasionally just ask him out. Trust me Im a dude and the majority would love to be asked out. Even if he is taken he would still be really happy and would probs make his day
Reply 6

thank you
TL;DR. But yes, ask him out/talk to him/suggest coffee/something.
really ?? like you'd never guess somebody liked you unless they said it outright ? Do you ever guess somebody likes you from the way the act around you?

We misread signals a lot of the time , so I guess over time we've just ignored all signals and become clueless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending