The Student Room Group

do guys think when girls always reply to their texts means they like them?

So this guy in my school started texting me last week. We've hang out like twice (but with bunch of people from our school), ww've only really spoken face to face a few times so i feel like I'm still getting to know him. We are still texting, but we both sometimes take ages a few hours to reply (i know lol), he asked me out, but i don't really know if i really like him so i just said oh my friend is having a party next week u could come as well. I feel like he is such a sweet guy but he's just not really my type(he is kinda cute though), so like I'm tryna be nice thats why i text back overtime, but do guys think if girls reply to their texts all the time then they like them?cuz i don't wanna end up let him thinking that i like him thats why i always reply.

Scroll to see replies

Inviting him to a party when he asked you out definitely puts across the impression that you like him. If you don't then you should set things straight rather than accidentally leading him on.
Reply 2
i don't want hurt him letting him think that I like him, then find out that I actually don't
Replying specifically to the title, then yh.
If you confidently take a long time to reply (anything longer than 15 minutes) I would say he should understand the message that you're not interested
Reply 5
no but i couldn't just be like oh sorry i can't I'm really busy this week that is sooooo mean. So what I'm saying is that yes we can hang out but with a group of friends. Ugh what should i do

Original post by sinfonietta
Inviting him to a party when he asked you out definitely puts across the impression that you like him. If you don't then you should set things straight rather than accidentally leading him on.
Reply 6
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
Replying specifically to the title, then yh.

but can't you guys just be friends? like you don't wanna ignore or blank your friend
Original post by Anonymous
no but i couldn't just be like oh sorry i can't I'm really busy this week that is sooooo mean. So what I'm saying is that yes we can hang out but with a group of friends. Ugh what should i do

You don’t like him but in response to him asking you out, you invited him to a party? I don’t know how old you are, 14 or 15 at a push I’d bet, but you’ve indicated you’ve liked him pretty explicitly.
I would just straight up tell him that you're not sure whether you want a relationship and that you are still deciding what your feelings are. Also inviting him to a party does sort of make it seem as though you like him.
(guy's point of view here)
Reply 9
Original post by That'sGreat
You don’t like him but in response to him asking you out, you invited him to a party? I don’t know how old you are, 14 or 15 at a push I’d bet, but you’ve indicated you’ve liked him pretty explicitly.

um cuz why not he's nice and we are friends. More people would be more fun and its not my party is my friend's
Reply 10
Yes, pretty much, if you fancy someone any encouragement is viewed as good
um cuz why not he's nice and we are friends. More people would be more fun and its not my party is my friend's

I just explained to you. If someone invites you out and you ask them to a party without saying 'no i don't want to go out with you', that is almost explicitly saying you are agreeing to go out with them, and you yourself have organised this first 'date' or whatever to be the party. I don't know how much clearer this needs to be, it really isn't hard to understand.
its like feeding a stray - you feel sorry for it, but if you continue will keep coming back for more...
but can't you guys just be friends? like you don't wanna ignore or blank your friend

If the guy's a virgin and his girl friend is buff and quite lax with him then I think misinterpretations are easy to foster...
but the party got cancelled so i didn't go, which means we didn't hang out so.....
Original post by sinfonietta

Inviting him to a party is basically curving the date request, so it's kind of the opposite
Original post by That'sGreat
I just explained to you. If someone invites you out and you ask them to a party without saying 'no i don't want to go out with you', that is almost explicitly saying you are agreeing to go out with them, and you yourself have organised this first 'date' or whatever to be the party. I don't know how much clearer this needs to be, it really isn't hard to understand.

ok but the party is cancelled so I'm not even going so....
Exactly that's what i meant! As he asked me out but i don't wanna be mean and be like' sorry i can't or like i don't like you like that'. I just invited him to a casual party (with bunch of people)
Original post by Sataris
Inviting him to a party is basically curving the date request, so it's kind of the opposite
i don't like you like that

Trust me, saying this is absolutely the kindest thing you can do for him
just tell him you dont like him in that way. I got into a relationship with a guy i wasnt sure i liked and it just was a bit ****

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending