The Student Room Group

girls has this ever happened to you?

There was this guy in my seminars who ngl was not very attractive. But he was polite, confident, dominated discussions as he was very well read and well spoken, and quite funny.

So... I think I like him even though hes physically not my type at all... and that confuses me as I havent thought of a guy this way.

Is this common? do you feel like this? am I attracted to him or do I just like his personality??

Scroll to see replies

It’s very common to be attracted to someone based on their personality. After all, looks don’t actually count towards anything lol
I have been attracted to some...questionable...people just because they managed to make me laugh a couple of times,,,
Tbh you sound attracted to him. But you should spend more time with him to find out. People tend to become more attractive the more you get to know them
Hey, I'm Mia 👋

Although I haven't been in this situation. I don't find it shocking that you're attracted to him, looks aren't everything. If anything you're just doing it different to the usual way (you're doing personality and then looks) - will work in your favour 😅

Get to know him more and see if you have common interests.

Good luck! ❇️
its very common mia trust me this happens all the time even with me xx

dont worry hun it happens
Yes, you can be attracted to him
thats not a problem all gals fancy boy here and there u know its an every day life thing
Original post by SlightlySummer
Yes, you can be attracted to him
I didn't say it was a problem?
Original post by mollieking12345
thats not a problem all gals fancy boy here and there u know its an every day life thing
Yes it's normal and it's happened to me before. As you get older, personality tend to become more important because, as cliche as it sounds, looks fade but a person's personality doesn't. Just like the other people who have posted on your thread, I also think you're attracted to him. See where it goes and best of luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Yes it's normal and it's happened to me before. As you get older, personality tend to become more important because, as cliche as it sounds, looks fade but a person's personality doesn't. Just like the other people who have posted on your thread, I also think you're attracted to him. See where it goes and best of luck!

im 18!
I'm kind of known for having things for guys who aren't necessarily everyone's cup of tea. Moustaches and Side burns really get me going, haha.

It's often better to be attracted to a guy because of his personality, as it leads to less shock later down the line.
I have exactly the same issue but I think you're right. I know people say that looks don't count for anything, but if you aren't attracted to him then you just aren't and you can just find him interesting. If you get to know him more and realize that you really like him then the barrier of looks shouldn't be an issue and you'll want to pursue him. if not then i guess you can just be really good friends!
I didn't say it was a problem?

i didnt say you said it was a problem when did i say u said it was a problem i didnt ?!
you don't need to get all het up, it's not that deep :smile:
i didnt say you said it was a problem when did i say u said it was a problem i didnt ?!

Here
i wasnt saying it directly to u i was saying liking someone i sno problem no crime durr
you don't need to get all het up, it's not that deep :smile:

Here
You sound like a child, ok then you shouldn't have quoted me and replied to me directly, which you did. You can stop replying to me now
i wasnt saying it directly to u i was saying liking someone i sno problem no crime durr
she didnt mean to and im not a child u are and if u dont want me to reply shut up yourself [miss perfect]
You sound like a child, ok then you shouldn't have quoted me and replied to me directly, which you did. You can stop replying to me now
im not a child thank u very much
how am i a child ey ?
very original offence but not very good
im not a child thank u very much
Reply 18
maybe ur attracted to his overall vibe
There was this guy in my seminars who ngl was not very attractive. But he was polite, confident, dominated discussions as he was very well read and well spoken, and quite funny.

So... I think I like him even though hes physically not my type at all... and that confuses me as I havent thought of a guy this way.

Is this common? do you feel like this? am I attracted to him or do I just like his personality??
You clearly are, the way you write and you went on anon as well. STOP replying to me
she didnt mean to and im not a child u are and if u dont want me to reply shut up yourself [miss perfect]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending