The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Studying A level Maths, Bio and Chem.
Predicted: A*AA (for now, might drop after my exams in September 😬)
GCSEs: 999999887A*A^
Uni Course: Biomedical Science, possibly pharmacy
Unis : Queen Mary, UCL, KCL, St George's, UEL
Extra Curricular: Like to code, UCL summer school, volunteered at a primary school, Sports Leader Award.
Average student here
I'm doing A level Maths Physics and History
Got A,B,C at the end of year 12. Not sure what my predicted grades are lol
GCSEs: history:9
geography:8
English language:7
English literature:7
citizenship:7
combined science: 7-6
Math:6
french:3
Course: Civil Engineering
Unis: Nottingham, Leicester and Queen Mary so far
Extra Curricular: None :/
apart from UCL your grades are way too strong for these unis if you do get your predictions, what are you thinking
Original post by samsam78910
Studying A level Maths, Bio and Chem.
Predicted: A*AA (for now, might drop after my exams in September 😬)
GCSEs: 999999887A*A^
Uni Course: Biomedical Science, possibly pharmacy
Unis : Queen Mary, UCL, KCL, St George's, UEL
Extra Curricular: Like to code, UCL summer school, volunteered at a primary school, Sports Leader Award.
Hi guys!
- course: Ancient and modern history OR history
- unis: Oxford, Bristol, Leeds/Warwick (haven't decided), Southampton and Chichester
- a levels: predicted AAA but hopefully pushing my grades up to A*AA (maths, history, classics)
- gces: 9888877777
- extra curricular: student ambassador, youth panel at local museum, went to a summer school
Hey! I’m looking at history too. Have you looked at Southampton yet because I plan to look at the open day in October & was wondering what you thought if you’ve seen it?
Original post by annelovesyou
Hi guys!
- unis: Oxford, Bristol, Leeds/Warwick (haven't decided), Southampton and Chichester
- a levels: predicted AAA but hopefully pushing my grades up to A*AA (maths, history, classics)
- extra curricular: student ambassador, youth panel at local museum, went to a summer school
Hey! I went to a humanities taster day in I think june and the july open day! the lecturers are so good and the course is SO flexible, its basically your choice from day one (apart from a couple compulsory modules). The humanities campus is smaller than the main one and personally I'm not a huge fan of that when I hear other unis investing in new buildings for humanities and the facilities are smaller than the main one but it is more focused so it depends what you think. Its really nice and I'll defo apply.

I hope this was helpful! Btw let me know (if you remember) what you think of it when you go :smile:
Original post by ellalea02
Hey! I’m looking at history too. Have you looked at Southampton yet because I plan to look at the open day in October & was wondering what you thought if you’ve seen it?
Thanks so much for the reply that info is all really helpful! I’ve had a look into the course online and do like the sound of it. I’ll definitely let you know what i think :smile:
Hey! I went to a humanities taster day in I think june and the july open day! the lecturers are so good and the course is SO flexible, its basically your choice from day one (apart from a couple compulsory modules). The humanities campus is smaller than the main one and personally I'm not a huge fan of that when I hear other unis investing in new buildings for humanities and the facilities are smaller than the main one but it is more focused so it depends what you think. Its really nice and I'll defo apply.

I hope this was helpful! Btw let me know (if you remember) what you think of it when you go :smile:
How were you predicted an A* for an AS, i thought the highest grade that is possible to achieve is an A?
Original post by wbanner2001
Economics and Management at Keble College, Oxford. (I am also applying for Economics with Management at Durham and Economics at Bath, Nottingham and Birmingham).
A level predicted grades: A* - Mathematics, A* - Further Mathematics, A* - Economics, A* in EPQ and A* in Chemistry (which I have since dropped as I took an AS in it)
GCSE grades: I did a combination of 12 reformed and unreformed GCSEs and IGCSEs (from all five exam boards) and achieved as follows:
9 - Mathematics
9 - Geography
9 - History
9 - Latin
9 - Classical Greek
A* - English Language
A* - English Literature
A* - Biology
A* - Chemistry
A* - Physics
A* - Spanish
A^ - Further Mathematics
Exposed liars
Original post by leilaxtt
How were you predicted an A* for an AS, i thought the highest grade that is possible to achieve is an A?

I meant I was predicted an A* for A2 but I opted against taking it for A2.
What course are you applying for:
Computer Science

What universities are you thinking of:
Bath, Kent have a few others I’m looking at as well but these 2 are my favourites
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
I do maths computer science and music Not got predicted yet but hopefully around A*AA or A*A*A but not sure if music will be able to reach an A
GCSE grades:
Maths 9 comp sci 8 music 8 further maths A* and the rest were 777665C
Extra curricular:

Play piano and also volunteer for different things.
Also doing EPQ which I hope will get an A in to lower entry requirements for Bath to AAA...
Reply 91
What course are you applying for:-
Adult Nursing

What universities are you thinking of:-
University of Manchester - Manchester Met - Salford - Liverpool John Moores- Univeristy of Liverpool

A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:-
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (finished year one on DD)

GCSE grades:-
1A*
3 Bs
4Cs

Extra curriculars:-
Ngl I cant really find time for extras 😂

I'm also looking to get to know someone who's looking at flat/house sharing in Manchester! Feel free to send me a message!!
(edited 4 years ago)
What course are you applying for: law
What universities are you thinking of: durham, bristol, nottingham, (and maybe birmingham/manchester and exeter)
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A* A* A*
GCSE grades: 99A*A*A*77AAB
Original post by rose.obrien
What course are you applying for: law
What universities are you thinking of: durham, bristol, nottingham, (and maybe birmingham/manchester and exeter)
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A* A* A*
GCSE grades: 99A*A*A*77AAB

Hi guys!

:woo: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6056188
hey, an unprofessional engineer here as well haha
just for curiosity, what specific aspect of engineering are you going to apply?
I know that Cambridge only has general engineering, but what about other unis?
Original post by forre
fammmm where all the engineers at?
but yh, mans gon apply for engineering ygm, applying to Cambridge, imperial, Durham, bristol n cov uni....
not got my predicted grades as based on as but should be all A*s cuh mans smart like that hehe
nah jokes should be
maths A*, Physics A*, Chemistry A* or A, further maths, no idea as the exam was disgusting
gcse- 999888877
extracurricular- Baller
Year: 13

Want to study: Paramedic Science

University I'm applying to: UWE Bristol

GCSEs: 3 7's, 2 6's, 2 5's and an 8-7 in combined science

A levels: currently coming into year 13 and studying biology, psychology and sociology. Predicted grades are:

Biology = A
Psychology = A*
Sociology = A*

Extra Curriculars are: DofE Gold, (sections are swimming, volunteering at a primary school and drama) Hopefully volunteering at a care home soon, Just signed up for youth involvement group with Bristol children's hospital, I'm a community prefect, and have also done NCS.

would preferably like to be added to a group that can help with how I should prepare to apply for a paramedic science degree (like what activities should I do etc)
Hi, my daughter is going into urban 13 in sept and also wants to study paramedic science. Have you been to UWE open day? We missed it because it clashed with Gloucester open day, but it’s one she is interested in applying to alongside Bournemouth, Worcester, Gloucester and possibly Oxford Brooke’s.

She is studying Biology, Chemistry & Spanish.
Original post by abigail.smxth
Year: 13

Want to study: Paramedic Science

University I'm applying to: UWE Bristol

GCSEs: 3 7's, 2 6's, 2 5's and an 8-7 in combined science

A levels: currently coming into year 13 and studying biology, psychology and sociology. Predicted grades are:

Biology = A
Psychology = A*
Sociology = A*

Extra Curriculars are: DofE Gold, (sections are swimming, volunteering at a primary school and drama) Hopefully volunteering at a care home soon, Just signed up for youth involvement group with Bristol children's hospital, I'm a community prefect, and have also done NCS.

would preferably like to be added to a group that can help with how I should prepare to apply for a paramedic science degree (like what activities should I do etc)
Reply 97
Original post by GoldenSummer
hey, an unprofessional engineer here as well haha
just for curiosity, what specific aspect of engineering are you going to apply?
I know that Cambridge only has general engineering, but what about other unis?

probably aerospace engineering, but i rlly wanna do a general ,
how about u
well, prob triple e (electronic & electrical)
Original post by forre
probably aerospace engineering, but i rlly wanna do a general ,
how about u
What course are you applying for
Liberal Arts

What universities are you thinking of:
Exeter, Birmingham, Nottingham, Queen's Belfast, KCL, Durham, Bristol
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades
A*A*A*
GCSE grades
99999888A*A*A*
Extracurriculars

I do various extracurriculars (Netball, Music, DofE), but not many are particularly relevant. At the moment, I do maths enrichment, Zertifikat Deutsch (extra German qualification) and have my B1 DELF (extra French qualification). But I am struggling with the whole "read around the subject" when it comes to Liberal Arts...

Latest

Trending

Trending