The Student Room Group

Does he love me????

Hey everyone, hope u enjoying the evening x
so this dr I met we hit it off and got intimate ish. I have stayed with him for ~ 3 months and now it has been 6 months and we are still in touch. The thing is he has never given our relationship a title, we are "best friends", and now he tells me he loves me but can't marry me because he is thinking about me, I deserve better.
He tells me to focus on my studies...
what I dont understand though is why does he keep saying I love u
He is a player and enjoys you dancing to his tune 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 2
Original post by Martinah91
He is a player and enjoys you dancing to his tune 🤷🏻*♀️

U know what I felt this deep down.
Can I maintain a friendship? Or keep him at a distance and communicate once every 3 months?
I would write it off, you will never get over if it’s still going on in the background! I’m not saying you can’t ever be friends with him again, but definitely not until you move on and are truly over it. There is someone out there waiting for you to look their way, and while your hung up on this guy your not looking for them! He is playing on your emotions and you should never give someone the power to make you feel this way. When you finally meet someone who you love and loves you back you will see this as a blessing! The trash took itself out 💁🏻*♀️chin up girl you got this! 😘
Reply 4
Original post by Martinah91
I would write it off, you will never get over if it’s still going on in the background! I’m not saying you can’t ever be friends with him again, but definitely not until you move on and are truly over it. There is someone out there waiting for you to look their way, and while your hung up on this guy your not looking for them! He is playing on your emotions and you should never give someone the power to make you feel this way. When you finally meet someone who you love and loves you back you will see this as a blessing! The trash took itself out 💁🏻*♀️chin up girl you got this! 😘

Thank you beautiful x I will do just that.
This is why I have uninstalled whatsapp, fb, instagram and sc. I feel so much better.
Issa a nice way to tell you he isn’t into you
Reply 6
Original post by keptinside
Issa a nice way to tell you he isn’t into you

then why does he still say he loves me and always suggests me to meet him or for him to travel to meet me?
but I am really upset because I feel like you're right. If he loved me actions would've been louder than his words
Original post by Anonymous
then why does he still say he loves me and always suggests me to meet him or for him to travel to meet me?
but I am really upset because I feel like you're right. If he loved me actions would've been louder than his words

There is difference between relationship love and friendship love, a friend would do the same. If he was willing to take any further steps, he’d have done it already.

Maybe there is a misconception and you misinterpreted his words. I’d still be friend with him anyway. Besides, it’s nice of him to ask to stay friends. That shows he’s a nice person. Other person might have just left
Reply 8
There is difference between relationship love and friendship love, a friend would do the same. If he was willing to take any further steps, he’d have done it already.

Maybe there is a misconception and you misinterpreted his words. I’d still be friend with him anyway. Besides, it’s nice of him to ask to stay friends. That shows he’s a nice person. Other person might have just left

The thing is though I try to place boundaries. So for example, if i call him at night before bed, he tries to do "phone sex" and says he is trying to show me how much he loves me, he tells me to meet me at his place (I haven't seen him for 3 months)... then at the same time he asks if I have someone and if i do to let him know, that he would want to interview him first and see if he's worthy of me, that he wouldn't marry me because of age and I am not ready for it. The thing is we did stuff together but he didn't have sex because he told me he never wants to harm me.
He still says he loves me and calls me his "life". He even wrote happy bday 15 mins before 00:00 and sent it bang on 12.

He is showing mixed feelings
The thing is though I try to place boundaries. So for example, if i call him at night before bed, he tries to do "phone sex" and says he is trying to show me how much he loves me, he tells me to meet me at his place (I haven't seen him for 3 months)... then at the same time he asks if I have someone and if i do to let him know, that he would want to interview him first and see if he's worthy of me, that he wouldn't marry me because of age and I am not ready for it. The thing is we did stuff together but he didn't have sex because he told me he never wants to harm me.
He still says he loves me and calls me his "life". He even wrote happy bday 15 mins before 00:00 and sent it bang on 12.

He is showing mixed feelings

Telling you to tell him whether you have someone or not and that he’s going to evaluate if he’s worth of you or not, shows he likes you somehow but still could be in a friendy way.

You wouldn’t be able to fully know anything, unless you really give it enough time. Just wait. Besides, age was never an excuse for someone not to marry someone else. He probably does have actual feelings toward you, but he doesn’t seem to be ready yet to take that step. So it’s best to give it time.
Telling you to tell him whether you have someone or not and that he’s going to evaluate if he’s worth of you or not, shows he likes you somehow but still could be in a friendy way.

You wouldn’t be able to fully know anything, unless you really give it enough time. Just wait. Besides, age was never an excuse for someone not to marry someone else. He probably does have actual feelings toward you, but he doesn’t seem to be ready yet to take that step. So it’s best to give it time.

I agree, that's why i have uninstalled whatsapp and going to focus on my goals, august to end of november. 3 months break is probably what we need, i know i deffo need it.
I agree, that's why i have uninstalled whatsapp and going to focus on my goals, august to end of november. 3 months break is probably what we need, i know i deffo need it.

Break isn’t the right way to sort these things. It’s like you’re escaping from it. By time I meant you’d have to figure out how he truly feels and what he exactly means by love. Unless you actually want a break for yourself to rest your emotions and have time for yourself.
Break isn’t the right way to sort these things. It’s like you’re escaping from it. By time I meant you’d have to figure out how he truly feels and what he exactly means by love. Unless you actually want a break for yourself to rest your emotions and have time for yourself.

Yeah it's the latter, i want to do me.
What are signs he truly loves me though?
Yeah it's the latter, i want to do me.
What are signs he truly loves me though?

Depends on the stage of love you both are supposed to be having by now, whether it was marriage or you’ve taken quick steps and it shouldn’t be the right to for marriage, that might be a reason why he didn’t support the idea.
Reply 14
Hey everyone, hope u enjoying the evening x
so this dr I met we hit it off and got intimate ish. I have stayed with him for ~ 3 months and now it has been 6 months and we are still in touch. The thing is he has never given our relationship a title, we are "best friends", and now he tells me he loves me but can't marry me because he is thinking about me, I deserve better.
He tells me to focus on my studies...
what I dont understand though is why does he keep saying I love u

How intimate did you get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending