The Student Room Group

Got offer in clearing even though grades way off?

I got an offer from a uni which typically offers for students with ABB-BBB and I applied through clearing with CCE yet they sent an email offering me a place?

Is this too good to be true?
An offer is an offer! Congratulations!! As long as you have it in writing, it's legit. :smile:
out of curiosity what uni is it??
Reply 3
which uni omg
Original post by screweverything
I got an offer from a uni which typically offers for students with ABB-BBB and I applied through clearing with CCE yet they sent an email offering me a place?

Is this too good to be true?

Have you put the offer into Track and have they accepted? Which course is it?

Fingers crossed for you :smile:
I got A*BB and got into university of Newcastle for maths through clearing, cant complain lmao
Original post by She-Ra
Have you put the offer into Track and have they accepted? Which course is it?

Fingers crossed for you :smile:

I put it into track and it says "waiting for decision", which is why i'm sceptical, but they did say explicitly in the email that they're offering me the course.
Reply 7
I put it into track and it says "waiting for decision", which is why i'm sceptical, but they did say explicitly in the email that they're offering me the course.

Is it Swansea?
Original post by Rentarou
Is it Swansea?

nah, check pm.

If you had written confirmation and you submitted it before their deadline then it's fine :smile:
nah, check pm.

I'm also curious to know, if you don't mind
A level results at a 12 year low and less 18 year olds this year. While universities aren't neccesairily struggling to fill places (the demand is always there), they perhaps are willing to be a bit less pickier than usual so they can keep raking in the dough.

Not to discredit your achivements though, congratulations!
nah, check pm.

omg which uni? pm me if udm im desperate
Yeah I got offers from Aston and Stirling (both very good economics unis) for economics even though my grades weren't up to standard
It's nothing new, they've always taken people in with far less than what the prospectus says.
Many unis artificially inflate their entry standards to make them seem better than what they are.

Regardless, congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending