The Student Room Group

Are 5 eggs a day healthy for an 18 year old?

I need to lose weight but want to keep the muscle I have so I need quite a bit of protein. I eat 5 eggs in the morning for about 2 weeks now but my mum keeps telling me it is unhealthy for that many. Is she right?
She keeps telling me I will get high cholesterol -_-
(I eat chicken, veg and other stuff too and hit the gym 4 times a week)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
I think (given that you eat chicken) 5 eggs a day are too much.
Eggs are (almost) half protein and half fat.

Don't take my word for it, check egg's protein and fat content online and compare with your recommended daily intake.

Disclaimer:
This is from my general knowledge and it could all be non sense. As I said, check it yourself.
Original post by Anonymous
I need to lose weight but want to keep the muscle I have so I need quite a bit of protein. I eat 5 eggs in the morning for about 2 weeks now but my mum keeps telling me it is unhealthy for that many. Is she right?

hey!
let me tell you i lost alot of weight with eating 6 eggs . 2 eggs 3 times a day. its a good source of protein. i used to go to the gym everyday so eggs, chicken and red meat are really good. you can have 1 day off to not eat eggs and try a different meal but yeah eggs are really good.
Eggs do have alot of chelestrol but try to have boiled eggs and not scrambled

(sorry for the waffling :smile: hope this helps!!!!)
bump

Please dont bump after less than 30 minutes. Be patient. Thanks.
Raw eggs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Your farts must smell like 3 week old milk on a sidewalk.
Reply 7
5 large boiled eggs are about 30 grams of protein and 25 grams of fat. Whether or not that's too much depends on your body, how hard you're working out and whatever else you're eating.
To be honest, 5 eggs seems excessive (especially that much fat straight away in the morning). It won't kill you, but you probably don't need to be eating that many. If you really feel like you're not getting enough protein elsewhere, you could always eat 3 whole eggs + 2 whites, for example (but I hope eggs aren't the ONLY thing you're having for breakfast).
I'm a madam
I think I'd fall asleep trying to eat 2 boiled eggs let alone 5. :clap2:
that's hard core mate... howd u do it tho
fvck man, good for you honestly. Is there a specific reason you do this or just fun, and your sure theres no risk in doing this especially if ur young?. ahah yh no thanks bruh I think id puke.
Reply 12
Original post by kkkkrrrg
fvck man, good for you honestly. Is there a specific reason you do this or just fun, and your sure theres no risk in doing this especially if ur young?. ahah yh no thanks bruh I think id puke.

We do this all the time in Italy...
whyyy?? why would you just- why? but cool mate nonetheless

Original post by Bazyli
We do this all the time in Italy...
Everyone is different of course but I've been told too many eggs can cause constipation. Not sure how true it is, but just watch out :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by kkkkrrrg
whyyy?? why would you just- why? but cool mate nonetheless

😂 I think it’s a Sicilian thing. See a nice fresh egg in the chicken coop, make a small indent and down it 😏
'and down the hatch they went' haha interesting way to describe the process. Has it helped in lowering your cholesterol levels? or have you had normal levels? and would you think its beneficial for someone who is low in iron? how many years have you been doing this (if u don't mind me asking) and do you think its changed u in any way?
Original post by Bazyli
😂 I think it’s a Sicilian thing. See a nice fresh egg in the chicken coop, make a small indent and down it 😏

oh my god XD, have you been doing this all your life?

Bodybuilding community agrees that eggs are healthy. I eat about 4 eggs per day for breakfast.
Original post by nzy
5 large boiled eggs are about 30 grams of protein and 25 grams of fat. Whether or not that's too much depends on your body, how hard you're working out and whatever else you're eating.
To be honest, 5 eggs seems excessive (especially that much fat straight away in the morning). It won't kill you, but you probably don't need to be eating that many. If you really feel like you're not getting enough protein elsewhere, you could always eat 3 whole eggs + 2 whites, for example (but I hope eggs aren't the ONLY thing you're having for breakfast).

Theres nothing wrong with dietary fat. There are far worse things to eat for breakfast than eggs. 5 eggs is only 25g of fat

Jordan Peterson a clinical psychologist recommends a breakfast high in fat and protein for energy levels/mood compared to a high carbohydrate breakfast.

Quick Reply

Latest