The Student Room Group

Can you get into uni with CCB

In my A-levels I got CCB, but I didn't apply to uni because I didn't know what I wanted to do (at the time I wanted to do psychology, but realised it's not very helpful without a masters degree or whatever). I'm now taking a gap year, but when I called some universities they said they wouldn't take me with CCB.
Has anyone else has gotten into university with CCB grades and into what course?
I remember calling York Uni this year for clearing and they said the lowest they can go is BCC (for the accounting course). A lot of unis lower their requirements in clearing. I know Aston Uni accept that. Not sure about others. Most low ranked unis will accept that too
Original post by OR321
I remember calling York Uni this year for clearing and they said the lowest they can go is BCC (for the accounting course). A lot of unis lower their requirements in clearing. I know Aston Uni accept that. Not sure about others. Most low ranked unis will accept that too

would it be better if I went through clearing then because they lower the requirements?
Original post by itsokayitsokayy
would it be better if I went through clearing then because they lower the requirements?

not sure. I'm sure you still need a ucas application so apply to 5 unis in the next few months and if they don't work out then go through clearing. you need to be fast with clearing for top unis coz they go quick
student for a uni = money for uni
of course there will be a uni that accepts u
Original post by Igotbbcalevel
student for a uni = money for uni
of course there will be a uni that accepts u

The grade requirements seem so high and I've called a few universities and they all said they wouldn't take me with the grades I have
Reply 6
The grade requirements seem so high and I've called a few universities and they all said they wouldn't take me with the grades I have

in clearing i know exeter accepts BBC and surrey accepts BCC, but i'm sure there's a lot more willing to accept you. they won't say that on the phone yet because they're not currently in clearing. you can either retake your a-levels and apply, or go through clearing with your current a-levels. either way there will be a uni who will take you.
You should resit.
In my A-levels I got CCB, but I didn't apply to uni because I didn't know what I wanted to do (at the time I wanted to do psychology, but realised it's not very helpful without a masters degree or whatever). I'm now taking a gap year, but when I called some universities they said they wouldn't take me with CCB.
Has anyone else has gotten into university with CCB grades and into what course?

It depends on the university and the course but it is possible to get in with the grades you mentioned, especially through Clearing.
There'll definitely be Unis that'll accept you. Coventry university for example is quite lenient
Original post by earthandsun
You should resit.

I've thought about it, but I know if I resat the exams I would most likely get the same grades because I did everything I could when revising for them
You can search for a course and type in your grades on whatuni - this would be for psychology: https://www.whatuni.com/degree-courses/search?subject=psychology&entry-level=a-level&entry-points=0a*-0a-1b-2c-0d-0e&rf=g
(edited 4 years ago)
I've thought about it, but I know if I resat the exams I would most likely get the same grades because I did everything I could when revising for them

You don't need to wait for Clearing, you would be better off applying now to unis that state on their websites that they want BCC/BBC/BBB.

Are you still interested in Psychology? Most people who do that subject aren't aiming to be professional Psychologists, they just enjoy the subject. For example, my daugther did a Psychology degree and now enjoys her job in Marketing.
Original post by harrysbar
You don't need to wait for Clearing, you would be better off applying now to unis that state on their websites that they want BCC/BBC/BBB.

Are you still interested in Psychology? Most people who do that subject aren't aiming to be professional Psychologists, they just enjoy the subject. For example, my daugther did a Psychology degree and now enjoys her job in Marketing.

Yeah, I'm still looking at psychology, just trying to stay open about other courses as well, but that's amazing that your daughter got into marketing. Did she take a masters as well or get the job through her psychology degree? If you don't mind me asking.
Brighton , Plymouth , hull , Liverpool John moores...

There is quite a few but I’m not sure you will get into a tussle group with BCC - maybe Liverpool?

I know someone that got into Liverpool Physics BSc with BCC
I just got an offer from Liverpool for BBC with A in epq - I know some unis really take them into consideration so it might be worth doing one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending