The Student Room Group

Found a text on my boyfriends phone...

So I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 years and believed we were happy. We had our troubles but what couple doesn’t. Lately he has been distant, I went through his phone while he was in the shower (I hate myself for it and have never done it before) and there were messages from him to another girl asking how she was... what is she up to etc. I confronted him and he is distraught and said it’s the worst mistake he ever made. I took my things and left anyway. Is there any way back from this? Thank you all for reading
Reply 1
Original post by Suzyann
So I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 years and believed we were happy. We had our troubles but what couple doesn’t. Lately he has been distant, I went through his phone while he was in the shower (I hate myself for it and have never done it before) and there were messages from him to another girl asking how she was... what is she up to etc. I confronted him and he is distraught and said it’s the worst mistake he ever made. I took my things and left anyway. Is there any way back from this? Thank you all for reading

did he sleep with her?
I mean, did he admit to actually doing anything with her? Because so far you're just giving the impression that he's just been messaging her, a pretty normal conversation.
Reply 3
Original post by Luce F
did he sleep with her?

No was chatting to her online
Original post by Suzyann

From what you've said it just sounds like he was messaging a friend. Was there anything romantic or flirty being said?

A big issue also is that you don't trust him because you went through his phone. This is a big red flag.
Reply 5
Original post by DrawTheLine
From what you've said it just sounds like he was messaging a friend. Was there anything romantic or flirty being said?

A big issue also is that you don't trust him because you went through his phone. This is a big red flag.

Yeah I don’t trust him to be honest. It wasn’t a friend it was a girl off a dating website
Original post by Suzyann
Yeah I don’t trust him to be honest. It wasn’t a friend it was a girl off a dating website

So why are you with him?
Reply 7
Original post by Suzyann
No was chatting to her online

So? Is he not allowed to speak to members of the opposite sex?

You sound controlling, going through his phone. I’d hit the roof if my missus did that.
Original post by DrawTheLine

His reaction doesn't match that of someone who was just messaging a friend.
Reply 9
a dating site well you would be an idiot to stay with him
well obviously he was doing something naughty if it was the worst mistake he’s ever made ...
Reply 11
Original post by Mike172
So? Is he not allowed to speak to members of the opposite sex?

You sound controlling, going through his phone. I’d hit the roof if my missus did that.

A friend he met on a dating site? Whilst he has been with me for 3 years. Sorry but I find your comments offencive whilst respecting your opinion. I knew something was off, the signs were there. I check, and sure enough ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending