The Student Room Group

questions regarding EU20N

Hello,
I am just filling in the application for student finance 2020/21 for EU students and I have four questions.

1.) In my country, we use characters such as Š, Á, etc. This shows up for example in my name. In section 2-a it is written "Please complete this section with the details exactly as stated on your birth certificate or passport." Should I do the same in other places or replace these characters just like I had to in the UCAS application? (i.e Š -> S, Á -> A)

2.) Can I fill in the form using a computer or do I have to fill it in with a black pen?

3.) Is it alright to answer the question "Why were you there?" in section 3-b1 with an answer "I was living there" if I have moved there in my early childhood? I have no idea what else should I write in the box, but I am not sure whether my answer answers the question.

4.) In section 6-contact details, there is stated that "The contacts you give must live at different addresses". In my understanding, one of them can live at the same address as I do. Is that correct?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jgk2Th
Hello,
I am just filling in the application for student finance 2020/21 for EU students and I have four questions.

1.) In my country, we use characters such as Š, Á, etc. This shows up for example in my name. In section 2-a it is written "Please complete this section with the details exactly as stated on your birth certificate or passport." Should I do the same in other places or replace these characters just like I had to in the UCAS application? (i.e Š -> S, Á -> A)

2.) Can I fill in the form using a computer or do I have to fill it in with a black pen?

3.) Is it alright to answer the question "Why were you there?" in section 3-b1 with an answer "I was living there" if I have moved there in my early childhood? I have no idea what else should I write in the box, but I am not sure whether my answer answers the question.

4.) In section 6-contact details, there is stated that "The contacts you give must live at different addresses". In my understanding, one of them can live at the same address as I do. Is that correct?

Good morning, I will answer your questions in order.

1. You should replace these characters with the English equivalent as our data entry team can not enter those special characters.
2. You can complete the form on the computer and then print it out, the declaration must be signed with a pen.
3. Yes that is fine.
4. One can live at the same address as you, both contacts can't live at the same address.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending