The Student Room Group

EU passport.

Hello. I just got a quick question. I’ve applied for students finances (England). I have EU passport, live in UK and got settled status. Can I send certified copy of my passport or should I use special delivery to send original? If ok to send copies then is Post office accepted to get documents certified? It’s for a part time study. I got a job interview in a couple of weeks, where I will need passport for a purpose of DBS check. I’m a bit anxious that I wont get my passport back on time. Thank you.
(edited 3 years ago)
You need to send original documents to prove identity. Copies are not accepted.

If you need your passport in a couple of weeks then you should wait until after your job interview to send it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Thank you very much for your quick help. I will try to send it ASAP, as don’t really want to delay the application. Thanks!
Reply 3
Hi. Just to say that it took 6 days for my passport to come back to me. Really impressed. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Dora7500
Hi. Just to say that it took 6 days for my passport to come back to me. Really impressed. Thank you :smile:

Glad to hear you received this back quickly :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by SFE Isaac
Glad to hear you received this back quickly :smile:

Thank you. Last Friday, that is exactly 2 weeks after sending my passport, I found out, that my loan has been accepted. The whole process was easy and very efficient. I am really pleased, and glad, that was thinking ahead and sent the proof of residency and proof of address to avoid delays.This will be my 2nd degree, first in English. Excited!

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Dora7500
Thank you. Last Friday, that is exactly 2 weeks after sending my passport, I found out, that my loan has been accepted. The whole process was easy and very efficient. I am really pleased, and glad, that was thinking ahead and sent the proof of residency and proof of address to avoid delays.This will be my 2nd degree, first in English. Excited!

Thank you! :smile:

Thank you for the great feedback :smile: - I wish you good luck with your course, I know you will do great!
Reply 7
Thank you, that's really encouraging :smile: And once again, many thanks for help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending