The Student Room Group

EU Tuition Fee Withdrawn

Hello,
I am an EU university student that has resided in the U.K. for now five years. I have completed my first year with only my tuition fees covered by SFE, as I was previously told by my Sixth Form (which I now realise was of no help at all) that I would be able to apply for a maintenance loan in second year as I would have lived in the country for over 5 years when starting the year. However, in late May i came to discover that that wasn’t the case but I was however still in time to apply under Migrant Worker Status. It was not specified to me that I would have to reapply for tuition fees too, and therefore I only applied for my maintenance loan which was approved. However, I received an email from my University informing me that SFE had withdrawn my tuition fees for first year, which quickly led me to applying through the migrant worker status. A few weeks later I received a letter saying that I had missed the deadline for first year and I could not receive the tuition fee and therefore I now have the whole of first year tuition fee overdue and I have no idea of what to do. Second year is starting at the end of the month and until the payment is made I won’t be able to enroll. Any advice would be appreciated as I am genuinely helpless and don’t know where to turn.

D
Original post by dbwnyk
Hello,
I am an EU university student that has resided in the U.K. for now five years. I have completed my first year with only my tuition fees covered by SFE, as I was previously told by my Sixth Form (which I now realise was of no help at all) that I would be able to apply for a maintenance loan in second year as I would have lived in the country for over 5 years when starting the year. However, in late May i came to discover that that wasn’t the case but I was however still in time to apply under Migrant Worker Status. It was not specified to me that I would have to reapply for tuition fees too, and therefore I only applied for my maintenance loan which was approved. However, I received an email from my University informing me that SFE had withdrawn my tuition fees for first year, which quickly led me to applying through the migrant worker status. A few weeks later I received a letter saying that I had missed the deadline for first year and I could not receive the tuition fee and therefore I now have the whole of first year tuition fee overdue and I have no idea of what to do. Second year is starting at the end of the month and until the payment is made I won’t be able to enroll. Any advice would be appreciated as I am genuinely helpless and don’t know where to turn.

D

beyond my expertise at the moment to know exactly how this would play out.
Please contact UKcisa and see what they have to say and if they dont help or they say something you dont understand then post back.

UKCISA
Student Advice Line on +4420 7788 9214 which is open at the following times:

Monday to Friday (except for public holidays): 1.00pm to 4.00pm (UK time)

I am not sure on what basis they would withdraw fees as you appear to have been eligible at the time, which would mean my reaction would be to appeal that decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending