The Student Room Group

I want him back

I recently broke up with my boyfriend as i was not in the best place mentally & the relationship was putting evn more pressure. But now I realise I made a mistake, I miss him so much. He is the boy for me, but i dont know what to do to have him back now. I regret everything:frown: What do I do?
You can try explain that to him🤷🏼*♀️
Original post by Anonymous
I recently broke up with my boyfriend as i was not in the best place mentally & the relationship was putting evn more pressure. But now I realise I made a mistake, I miss him so much. He is the boy for me, but i dont know what to do to have him back now. I regret everything:frown: What do I do?

how old are you and how long did the relationship last?

You just need to explain it to him, but you need to take some actions to show him that you're serious and you might need to be persistent. If he's in love with you, I think that will work
Reply 4
how old are you and how long did the relationship last?

22. We’ve been together for 2 years and for most part things were good. He was very understanding and patient with me but things have been rocky lately & I called it off bc I was affected mentally from everything happening in my life. But i regret it. What do u suggest I should do?

If it wasn’t an abusive relationship and you understand that you only felt that way because of your mental state, I say go and talk to him. If he still loves you, he’ll understand what was wrong and I’m sure he’ll take you back.
I am sorry but u r done. Even if u get back together he will always remember the time when things were rocky and he wanted to work together for a better future but u chose to end it. He will never be all-in. Rightly so IME.
Reply 7
Original post by IVLIVSCAESAR
You just need to explain it to him, but you need to take some actions to show him that you're serious and you might need to be persistent. If he's in love with you, I think that will work

Im trying but its difficult for me due to personal reasons. He always understood this but Im also not sure how to explain it to him now im scared he will not want me back. What could I say?
Reply 8
Original post by candydiva
I am sorry but u r done. Even if u get back together he will always remember the time when things were rocky and he wanted to work together for a better future but u chose to end it. He will never be all-in. Rightly so IME.

Weve had rocky moments in the past so why wouldnt this one be possible to overcome? Im just scared though bc i dont know how he will react if i tell him. I know he is in love with me as i am with him but he was so hurt when i ended it.
Weve had rocky moments in the past so why wouldnt this one be possible to overcome? Im just scared though bc i dont know how he will react if i tell him. I know he is in love with me as i am with him but he was so hurt when i ended it.

You just xplained this to urself. Read what u wrote. There is no going back to the previous rel once this happens no matter wot u say or do... a different one maybe and u can no longer ever be THE ONE for him (if that's wot u believe in).
Original post by candydiva
You just xplained this to urself. Read what u wrote. There is no going back to the previous rel once this happens no matter wot u say or do... a different one maybe and u can no longer ever be THE ONE for him (if that's wot u believe in).

I read what i wrote but i dont get ehat you mean. Not every relationship is the same:confused:
U cannot go back to what u had before. U seem to want xactly that. But his emotional investment levels will be different from the previous intensity even if he does re-restablish a rel with u. I am not saying u can't or shouldn't do this...but u can help urself if ur expectations are tempered by an empathetic understanding of human nature and the tremendous below u dealt to him before. U may feel bad and wish it didn't happen but it did and u did it. That will not somehow vanish into the horizon now u want a redo....u may want to see things in the same light as b4, but he won't. Here are the philosopher's words on this sit...

Don't look back
U can never look back
I thought i knew what love is, wat did i know
Those days are gone forever
I should just let 'em go...
(D Henley 1984)
Reply 12
If the relationship was putting more pressure on you, it is simply not the one for you. Wait for a while, get what you need to worked out, and reevaluate your own feelings and the relationship itself from there.
Reply 13

That just happened to me few hours ago lol. I am sad as **** and my ego and all the frustration and damn. Maybe you should just move on or something.

Each couple is different. you need to take a breather and step back and think, is this the best for me or am i letting my emotions lead me? will i regret going back to him and will i hurt him badly if I'm not 100% committed with this decision?. I think if you feel this way you should talk to him about it but understand he will be very hurt by everything as well so he might not want you back. you can break up a million times and get back together i know someone whos done that and their fine (mildly toxic to each other though).
Say something like "I really need to get this off of my chest, I've been feeling this way for a while now and I will regret not telling you, I like you. I miss you everyday and I can't stop thinking about you. This isn't just a momentary feeling but something that stays consistently. I was in a really bad place when we broke up and I needed that time for myself to heal but I've realised everything is worse without you. I can understand that your hurting as well and I'm really sorry for upsetting you. you may want to ignore me but I hope you will read this. I hope you still have feelings for me and maybe we could get back together. You're a great person and I wish you all the best things in life. "
Give it a try what do you have to lose?
If anything you'll regret it more not to do it right?
Do whatever feels right to you don't let anyone else sway you!
I hope things work out for you two :smile:
Reply 15
Lol with all the comments u sound so much like her or maybe i just see her everywhere. Oh god help me
Each couple is different. you need to take a breather and step back and think, is this the best for me or am i letting my emotions lead me? will i regret going back to him and will i hurt him badly if I'm not 100% committed with this decision?. I think if you feel this way you should talk to him about it but understand he will be very hurt by everything as well so he might not want you back. you can break up a million times and get back together i know someone whos done that and their fine (mildly toxic to each other though).
Say something like "I really need to get this off of my chest, I've been feeling this way for a while now and I will regret not telling you, I like you. I miss you everyday and I can't stop thinking about you. This isn't just a momentary feeling but something that stays consistently. I was in a really bad place when we broke up and I needed that time for myself to heal but I've realised everything is worse without you. I can understand that your hurting as well and I'm really sorry for upsetting you. you may want to ignore me but I hope you will read this. I hope you still have feelings for me and maybe we could get back together. You're a great person and I wish you all the best things in life. "
Give it a try what do you have to lose?
If anything you'll regret it more not to do it right?
Do whatever feels right to you don't let anyone else sway you!
I hope things work out for you two :smile:

Thank you! ❤️ Xx
Original post by Ahmed R
Lol with all the comments u sound so much like her or maybe i just see her everywhere. Oh god help me

Sorry dude:frown:
Original post by LovelyMrFox
If the relationship was putting more pressure on you, it is simply not the one for you. Wait for a while, get what you need to worked out, and reevaluate your own feelings and the relationship itself from there.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending