The Student Room Group

Best friend

Do you ever feel like you need a friend that can be there for you but can never find someone who wants to be as close to you? I really want a friend who I can share everything with, spend most of time time together with, chatting and doing things together and being inseparable together. However, most of my friends just end up being close friends who spend time with me some times and even those who are really close usually grow more distant after a period of time. Sometimes it is so fustrating having something fun to do with others or some juicy tea to share but having no one to turn to.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you ever feel like you need a friend that can be there for you but can never find someone who wants to be as close to you? I really want a friend who I can share everything with, spend most of time time together with, chatting and doing things together and being inseparable together. However, most of my friends just end up being close friends who spend time with me some times and even those who are really close usually grow more distant after a period of time. Sometimes it is so fustrating having something fun to do with others or some juicy tea to share but having no one to turn to.

Friends come and go regularly throughout life. I had a friend for a short period of time in uni who was that person to me, we were really close. But then that changed, but I was okay with that. You're unlikely to have a friend you know for ages and are always that close with. Try to accept it as it is just something that happens in life. The only constant in life is change, so your friendships will inevitably change. Don't look as it as a bad thing. Enjoy the close friends you have and the experiences you have together whilst you're still having them.
Various good points have been made already, friends come and go in life particularly at uni. As life is always changing.
Reply 3
I guess I might have to contend with that thought. It does feel quite miserable having something interesting to share with a close friend and remembering all the fun times I had when I shared it with my close friend, only to remember that we have grown distant due to other personal commitments.
Reply 4
and maybe expecting to have that someone who stays beside me throughout might be too high of an expectation to hold my friends up to
How old are u??
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
How old are u??

I am of university age?? However, I do feel that having close friends have no association with age or maturity?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending